• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP really???

The huge misunderstanding isn't about the 9 win theory. A lot of LDDS's (lil Debbie downer snacks) confuse that theory with thinking the Bo-lievers are "happy" or that it constitutes a good season! Wrong! I think most every fan agrees we won't all he happy until it's a NC undefeated season. I'm a huge supporter of the staff and I wouldn't even be happy with an 8-5 that won a BiG title, or 9-4, or even 10-3, 11-2, 12-1.

The article is a bunch of common sense wrapped up into words. 9 wins is never the same. Teams go through a ton of different distractions and unpredictable scenarios throughout the course of , not only a season, but in every play of every quarter of every game. Strength of schedule is only a small part of why 9 win seasons differ.

With that said, I can't recall many 9 win seasons, or 8 for that matter, where the team lost a redshirted 3+ year starter at qb not to mention the OL. Does that automatically mean it was a good season or that I'm happy/satisfied. Not at all. With a tougher schedule and without the players overcoming adversity it could have been much worse.
Somebody "get" it!! :)
:thumbsup:

I don't remember a 9 win season in which none of the wins were against an FBS team with at least 8 wins.

We are sitting at 8 wins right now, and have only defeated two FBS teams with a winning record (records of 7-6 and 7-5).

I think this reinforces what Shatel is saying in that some seasons 9 wins is an accomplishment other years not so much.

Let's remember we are a missed extra point and a Hail Mary away from being 6-6 right now. Let that sink in

I think this reinforces what Shatel is saying in that some seasons 9 wins is an accomplishment other years not so much.

This season's 9 wins will be an accomplishment with Georgia looming. I win and a strong finish to the recruiting season will help ease the off season.

For me to be happy, I need Nebraska to play sound, hard-nosed, fundamental football. I NEED Nebraska to protect the football, and at least be plus in turnover margin. I NEED Nebraska to change its philosophy on punt return, and start getting returns, and winning the field position battle.

As for the Gator Bowl, turnovers and special teams are my acid test. I've backed off of my Bo-Leaver stance, and I'm back on the fence, leaning toward boliever. Those two issues are the low-hanging fruit we have to fix, to beat any teams as good as, or better than us.

I would agree with the above and I too have gone back and forth and am on the fence but not leaning in either direction. I NEED the above and in addition NEED Bo to say not everything is where it should be and we need to make some changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back