• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really. I never thought BC was a good hire. But I definitely wasn't calling on people to be fired at the end of that season. Id challenge you to name any poster who was calling for BC's head after the '06 season.

That is because the trajectory of the program appeared to be positive for the prior 2 years rather than negative for 4 years.

In point of fact, it's exactly why the team underperformed on offense this season.

A team which was supposed to be carried by the offense while the defense matured.

I think this is the biggest point of contention. When some of the Boleavers are suggesting that Bo actually did an impressive job in going 8-4, any chance of a large scale agreement is completely impossible.

We lost to a 5 loss Minnesota team. Martinez wasn't 100% and Long was out, but we should still not be losing by 11 points to a 5 loss Minnesota team. There was also a 20 point home loss to 3 loss UCLA and a 21 point home loss to 4 loss Iowa. These are not examples of a good coaching job, even considering NU's injuries.

....and a couple of injuries and turnovers from 10-2. Let that sink in.

LOL... please tell us which injuries caused which losses and which fumbles caused which losses. If you have it available, I'd also like to know what the final score would've been in those games, so I can change my records.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that alone tell you how ignorant the entirety of the trajectory and tendency post are?

No, it merely points out that 2 points of data are not sufficient. Also, other things must be evaluated...the trajectory is just a trend, trends can be broken by coaches that are willing to change things. Sad, that Bo is unwilling to change anything about his staff but is only willing to "tweak" the media aspect of his program.

Last edited:

Which game did those injuries start affecting the offense?

And while maybe our potential was reached due to injury, that's only part of the equation. We still had more talent than Minnesota (with TM still playing) and Iowa -- and even a Northwestern team that required a miracle. I simply saw Nebraska getting out-coached. I'm not sure if there was a game where Nebraska played to their potential this season. Certainly doubt we ever exceeded our potential.

Anyhow, next season. 2014 has every reason to expect it to be special. I doubt we've seen a team in Bo's tenure that will have more experienced talent than what we will have next season. I hope we do see the best season in over ten years.

Last edited:

And while maybe our potential was reached due to injury, that's only part of the equation. We still had more talent than Minnesota (with TM still playing) and Iowa -- and even a Northwestern team that required a miracle. I'm not sure if there was a game where Nebraska played to their potential this season. Certainly doubt we ever exceeded our potential.

Anyhow, next season. 2014 has every reason to expect it to be special. I doubt we've seen a team in Bo's tenure that will have more experienced talent than what we will have next season. I hope we do see the best season in over ten years.

This sounds a lot like what we were expecting for the 2013 season, with experience on offense, and a lot of young speed on defense, and a very favorable schedule to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back