• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not big. Plenty loud, though.

And I have no worries about it. We're not likely to stay at the 9 win/4 loss level. We'll either get better or worse.

That's what I'm thinking.

There are two problems Bo is running into:

1. Historical expectations - we can debate all day whether TO is a fair standard, but that isn't going away. Most people will peg that against championships, to the tune of a B10 championship ever three years and a division championship 4 of 5 years (best guess at what would satisfy people, at least for a while).

2. Personal dislike - a segment of fans (even some former '90s players I know personally) affirmatively dislike Bo Pelini's personality. I think that's a bit unfair because their opinions are based on a a few incidents rather than his entire body of work (it's sort of like how a lot of people have the wrong idea about who Suh is). But no matter what, Bo needs to rehabilitate himself in those people's eyes or there will continue to be a pretty nasty divide in Husker Nation. Satisfying point 1 will help, but I think a lot of Nebraskans want not just wins, but also "wins the way we want them." That's ironic, because most would claim "I don't need wins, but I need things done the right way." Of course winning usually means things are being done the right way, and losing means they aren't, per the inductive reasoning of a lot of people.

Last edited:

That's what I'm thinking.

There are two problems Bo is running into:

1. Historical expectations - we can debate all day whether TO is a fair standard, but that isn't going away. Most people will peg that against championships, to the tune of a B10 championship ever three years and a division championship 4 of 5 years (best guess at what would satisfy people, at least for a while).

2. Personal dislike - a segment of fans (even some former '90s players I know personally) affirmatively dislike Bo Pelini's personality. I think that's a bit unfair because their opinions are based on a a few incidents rather than his entire body of work (it's sort of like how a lot of people have the wrong idea about who Suh is). But no matter what, Bo needs to rehabilitate himself in those people's eyes or there will continue to be a pretty nasty divide in Husker Nation. Satisfying point 1 will help, but I think a lot of Nebraskans want not just wins, but also "wins the way we want them." That's ironic, because most would claim "I don't need wins, but I need things done the right way." Of course winning usually means things are being done the right way, and losing means they aren't, per the inductive reasoning of a lot of people.

Most assuredly, winning will change folks perception of Pelini. Although in my case, it's winning and then sticking around that will change my perception.

As for the minority...it is the minority making the decisions. All the naysaying that goes on here is irrelevant as I doubt there is a significant booster hanging out here. Those guys make the world turn....or come to a screeching halt

Exactly. It's not that many fans; it's just a very noisy, nasty minority of the fanbase.

Glad y'all could get a good laugh at the expense of my gaffe. It's not as small a minority as you want to believe, so keep laughing if it makes you feel better. The fact that you think Bo is some great coach, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, says alot more about you than it does me. :lol:

Last edited:

Glad y'all could get a good laugh at the expense of my gaffe. It's not as small a minority as you want to believe, so keep laughing if it makes you feel better. The fact that you think Bo is some great coach, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, says alot more about you than it does me. :lol:

I think most would say they think he's a good to very good coach, and definitely has earned another year, of which there is plenty of evidence.

It's those of you who are so sure he's a terrible coach that are severely lacking in evidence. That's why many of you have shifted to attacking him as a terrible person, despite a mount of evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
I actually, I think most would say they think he's a good to very good coach, and definitely has earned another year, of which there is plenty of evidence.

It's those of you who are so sure he's a terrible coach that are severely lacking in evidence. That's why many of you have shifted to attacking him as a terrible person.[/QUOTE]

You've been hanging out in courtrooms for far too long. I've never once said he's a terrible coach; I have stated a thousand times that he's not a great coach and have given several reason why I think NU will never be NU again without a great head coach. Considering how much time you and your cohorts spend on here crying about all the disadvantages poor ol' NU has I'd expect you to understand that. Do you think NU will ever be elite again with a "good to very good coach again? I don't.

Your last sentence is almost worth taking a vacation over, but I won't give you the pleasure.

Last edited:
This thread has run its course too....

Folks lets stop the personal barbs...PLEASE

Thnx,

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back