• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
This is the best slant I have seen on the nine win argument which seems to be the source of contention on here. As Shatel points out nine is just a number not always equating to a good season. The Bo believers will have you believe this cannot be a bad season if we win nine games whereas the opposition points out that with the quality of our opposition it does not mean a lot. Shatel goes thru past Husker nine win seasons that were an accomplishment and some that were not all that good of seasons. He points out a couple nine win seasons during Tom's tenure that caused Tom to make changes in offense, defense and recruiting. With Bo we have gotten more of we won nine games so all is well. As he points out its quality not quantity in that its if you maxed your talent winning those nine games performing up your ability and got all of the talent you have. As Rojo would say its food for thought.

:popcorn: Can't wait for the thundering herd to arrive and slay Shatel..........

Of all the 9 win teams at NU I'd probably put this one (if they win 9) fairly solidly toward the bottom. It's a miracle they even have a chance to win 9 really.

No ******** sherlock
Not all losses to Minnesota are equal
Not all wins over Michigan are equal
husker fans can be kinda funny sometimes
Husker win games over OSU and Michigan in '011 & '012 when those teams lose their starting qb, Husker fans make excuses for the opponents
Huskers lose their starting qb (and other starters) in '013, losses are inexcusable

whatever
wallow in your misery :)

and people thought the "flat earth society" was dead.

Teacher: Okay boys and girls when is nine not greater than seven?

Boys and girls: When you are in Nebraska!

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

I don't think many will disagree and very few are branding this season as an unqualified success. One of the youngest defensive front seven and the loss of 2 of our 3 all-American performers early in the year make nine wins a commendable alternate - nothing more, nothing less.

There is no question that the bar is higher for this program, but some can manage tempering their judgment based on real events.

Of all the 9 win teams at NU I'd probably put this one (if they win 9) fairly solidly toward the bottom. It's a miracle they even have a chance to win 9 really.

And for that matter, this very well could have been the easiest schedule Nebraska has faced in Bo's tenure. It's also the first time since 2005 Nebraska didn't face a top ten team.

We can calk this up in the "no kidding" category. Not all undefeated seasons are the same either.

But ALL 9 win seasons earn another year (barring off the field incidents).

As far as this being a super easy schedule! I guess we'll see where things end up.

Last edited:

With Bo we have gotten more of we won nine games so all is well.

I like the way some of you assign comments to Bo, and everyone else follows behind like sheep and agrees.

When has Bo ever claimed that "we won nine games so all is well?"

If it's a miracle they have a chance to win 9, then shouldn't it rate higher if they reach nine wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back