• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And while maybe our potential was reached due to injury, that's only part of the equation. We still had more talent than Minnesota (with TM still playing) and Iowa -- and even a Northwestern team that required a miracle. I simply saw Nebraska getting out-coached. I'm not sure if there was a game where Nebraska played to their potential this season. Certainly doubt we ever exceeded our potential.

Anyhow, next season. 2014 has every reason to expect it to be special. I doubt we've seen a team in Bo's tenure that will have more experienced talent than what we will have next season. I hope we do see the best season in over ten years.

Very true.. I am actually looking forward to seeing a very good to great season. I know some may think that is a lie but it is true. I care about NU not Bo or cally or any other coach.. Ok, I cared about TO.. because well, he was TO. He made you like him with his attitude.

This sounds a lot like what we were expecting for the 2013 season, with experience on offense, and a lot of young speed on defense, and a very favorable schedule to boot.

No doubt. But we can even remove the inexperience part away more so in 2014 than 2013. And while it may have affected Nebraska in 2013 not having TM for a large portion of the season, it actually sets us up better for 2014 by getting Armstrong some significant playing experience that he wouldn't have had otherwise. Or if Stanton beats him out, it must be that he's truly special to leap ahead of an experience Armstrong (who I believe has plenty of upside).

As I've said before.... I sincerely hope 2014 is Bo's watershed season. One way or the other. I wish to move out of all of these purgatory-type seasons. Better if we win next season and return to the days of Husker glory (that's easily my preference as a Husker fan), but I'd be "okay" with a season where we tanked (a distant second choice) so that we could move on before I'd want to deal with another season like we've had the past few (by far, my least desirable going forward). I think there's plenty of ingredients in place to be largely successful next season.

Last edited:
Just how could we have been 10-2? Should we have beaten UCLA after being up 21-0 for one?

Quite a few believe that had we been able to limit those self inflicted first half turnovers in the MSU game, we could have been victorious. I know that you, the LOL guy, and some others disagree, so there's no reason to respond.

We were the walking wounded in the Iowa game. A healthy Nebraska beats Iowa in Lincoln every time. Now, injuries aren't an excuse, but had those key injuries not occurred, we win that game. Again, I know you and the LOL guy disagree.

Quite a few believe that had we been able to limit those self inflicted first half turnovers in the MSU game, we could have been victorious. I know that you, the LOL guy, and some others disagree, so there's no reason to respond.

We were the walking wounded in the Iowa game. A healthy Nebraska beats Iowa in Lincoln every time. Now, injuries aren't an excuse, but had those key injuries not occurred, we win that game. Again, I know you and the LOL guy disagree.

I still thought we would beat Iowa. Really hoping we upset Georgia in a couple of days, then finish strong on the recruiting trail with the momentum we have as of late.

Last edited:

LOL. That sure sounds like an excuse. So does your description of turnover's in the MSU game...now we need excuses in Lincoln against inferior programs.

Last edited:

Can you blame Shatel for being a "hater" after Bo called him a ***** in the infamous audiotape? I actually think Shatel has been more than fair to Bo in his articles since then.
I have had a beer or two with Tom and he is as nice a guy as you will find. I have always enjoyed his work and I think he is a very good sports writer. Just my :2cents:

Did I miss something? We haven't win 9 yet.

UGA is not a pushover.

NU is a bit of a paper tiger this year, imo.

The article should be about 8-win seasons.

Thanks Doc, I was going to mention it if no one else did. We have only 8 wins. There will be no 9th win this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back