• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the bottom line SCREAMS we haven't been a very good team this season. Folks can rationalize why until the cows come home but that doesn't change what we've seen on the field.

We have a shot at redemption in a couple of days and I for one hope we can make it happen with a victory over GA! Would really help vault us forward for 2014 imo....... that's all I really care about now. What's done is done...............

Can you blame Shatel for being a "hater" after Bo called him a ***** in the infamous audiotape?

I don't think Shatel is a "hater" at all. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shatel-"Not All Nine Win Seasons are Equal"

Did I miss something? We haven't win 9 yet.

UGA is not a pushover.

NU is a bit of a paper tiger this year, imo.

The article should be about 8-win seasons.

That's funny, I was guessing 1990 (we only played two ranked teams that season and lost to both), but I didn't want to spend the time researching each opponents' record.

On phone so can't do it, but it's fairly easy. Stassen lets you rank teams by winning % (with records listed) over a span of time. It's just a matter of generating a single year.

What was it in '06... I guess the "this is why we did what we did!" win over ATM... Not sure that team had another win over a 9 win opponent. Remember all the jubilation associated with that 9-5 record? My how times have changed for some posters.

That's funny, I was guessing 1990 (we only played two ranked teams that season and lost to both), but I didn't want to spend the time researching each opponents' record.

Yeah, makes sense. That '90 season was not pleasant. When you have Mickey Joseph at QB. Leodis Flowers as your leading rusher (and Scott Baldwin as #2)... ugh. And of course, it was my 4th year at UNL to coincide. Fortunately, it was the best season in Nebraska basketball history (26-8), which I really enjoyed. I was also sour about the '90 football season as the one hot female meteorology major (and there were only three females majoring in meteorology at the time) was dating Mickey Joseph. Most days, I walked out of class with this girl only to see Mickey there waiting to give her a kiss. :cry:

I do have a dog in this fight, but he's a lazy dog: he's waiting til next year at this time to see if there's anything to fight about.

On phone so can't do it, but it's fairly easy. Stassen lets you rank teams by winning % (with records listed) over a span of time. It's just a matter of generating a single year.

What was it in '06... I guess the "this is why we did what we did!" win over ATM... Not sure that team had another win over a 9 win opponent. Remember all the jubilation associated with that 9-5 record? My how times have changed for some posters.

tables have turned for sure.. Many that were on one side are now on the other side.. same argument, just different sides. Same bitching about supporting the coach, calling into question posters fandom.. all the same.

OP really???

The huge misunderstanding isn't about the 9 win theory. A lot of LDDS's (lil Debbie downer snacks) confuse that theory with thinking the Bo-lievers are "happy" or that it constitutes a good season! Wrong! I think most every fan agrees we won't all he happy until it's a NC undefeated season. I'm a huge supporter of the staff and I wouldn't even be happy with an 8-5 that won a BiG title, or 9-4, or even 10-3, 11-2, 12-1.

The article is a bunch of common sense wrapped up into words. 9 wins is never the same. Teams go through a ton of different distractions and unpredictable scenarios throughout the course of , not only a season, but in every play of every quarter of every game. Strength of schedule is only a small part of why 9 win seasons differ.

With that said, I can't recall many 9 win seasons, or 8 for that matter, where the team lost a redshirted 3+ year starter at qb not to mention the OL. Does that automatically mean it was a good season or that I'm happy/satisfied. Not at all. With a tougher schedule and without the players overcoming adversity it could have been much worse.

OP really???

The huge misunderstanding isn't about the 9 win theory. A lot of LDDS's (lil Debbie downer snacks) confuse that theory with thinking the Bo-lievers are "happy" or that it constitutes a good season! Wrong! I think most every fan agrees we won't all he happy until it's a NC undefeated season. I'm a huge supporter of the staff and I wouldn't even be happy with an 8-5 that won a BiG title, or 9-4, or even 10-3, 11-2, 12-1.

The article is a bunch of common sense wrapped up into words. 9 wins is never the same. Teams go through a ton of different distractions and unpredictable scenarios throughout the course of , not only a season, but in every play of every quarter of every game. Strength of schedule is only a small part of why 9 win seasons differ.

With that said, I can't recall many 9 win seasons, or 8 for that matter, where the team lost a redshirted 3+ year starter at qb not to mention the OL. Does that automatically mean it was a good season or that I'm happy/satisfied. Not at all. With a tougher schedule and without the players overcoming adversity it could have been much worse.

Which would lead us back to the S&C argument.. :)

No ******** sherlock
Not all losses to Minnesota are equal
Not all wins over Michigan are equal
husker fans can be kinda funny sometimes
Husker win games over OSU and Michigan in '011 & '012 when those teams lose their starting qb, Husker fans make excuses for the opponents
Huskers lose their starting qb (and other starters) in '013, losses are inexcusable

whatever
wallow in your misery :)

:clap:

This!!!! So much this it's unbearable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back