• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taiyon Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least Nebraska will get a visit and be able to take their shot. With teams like Notre Dame and Clemson coming in, it'll be schools like NC State (who he plans to visit next weekend) that need to worry about getting bumped for one of these guys.

Much like a guy like Javontae Jean-Baptiste, at least you get them on a visit to be able to take your shot. At this point, it is what it is. If these kids are gonna get this kind of attention and look at new options, I'd be more worried if they were scheduled to visit down the line. As long as you get to host them and show them what you have to offer, what else can you ask for?

I asked earlier why he didn't have better offers. Guess schools thought he was committed and backed off. Now they are starting to make a play.

We could sure use some of that global warming.

I’m not worried about the football weather though on these guys OVs

I would tell these recruits the truth. You’re going to have about 3-4 weeks of real cold weather, but will rarely play a game in it. We have great indoor facilities and we don’t want the players who want to spend all their time at the beach anyway.

My six decades of professional experience is a bit more nuanced. I have seen men and women who have undergraduate degrees from night school or community colleges who have continued with their education and have become excellent doctors or lawyers or hedge fund managers and received commercial and professional accolades and rewards. My conclusion is, therefore, that it all depends -- the person who has the ability to succeed and the desire to do so can succeed regardless of the college or university attended. Without that ability and desire, it doesn't matter what college you attend - you won't make it..

Their is a filtering, however, that takes place. Schools such as the Ivies and Duke tend to get more of those who have the ability and desire to succeed, and who are willing to defer present acceptable rewards for greater longer term rewards.

My college and law school are both generally ranked in the top two or three in the country, and I've practiced law in the major metropolitan centers and with the "best" law firms in the world. The best lawyer I encountered did not go to one of the elite schools, but most of the really good ones I have met, did.

UNL gives a young person as fine an opportunity as any -- depends on the person. If playing in big time football at the college level while still looking to the future as a fully developed citizen are the twin goals, then there is absolutely no reason in the world that a recruit should choose a different university because of any fear that UNL would hinder that success.

The CEO of Woodmen of the World Insurance lives a few houses down from me at only has a BS from Bellevue College. My bro in law has a pre med degree and a masters from Creighton, is about the same age and is a couple notches down from him. So it is more the person than the school IMPO.

A former ND grad and football player was in the OWH today for $122,000 mis use of funds. Two ND grads who took over the family business from their 8th grade educated father and in the late 80’s managed the largest bankruptcy in the history of the state of Nebraska, so I guess I don’t buy into the where you go to school argument.

So yes, there's not a huge difference in undergraduate degrees, but in certain fields some schools just have "the name". If that's important to you as a student, you should definitely listen if they offer you a scholarship. ;) And as football fans, we just have to nod and say "that kid is doing what is best for him, and I hope he invents a cure for cancer or a flying car".

Or, like, a jet pack! That would be cool! :thumbsup:

Regrading Schaefer's tweet...
Clemson may currently be one of the country's best football teams, but it is not one of the country's best SCHOOLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back