• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taiyon Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another one

I have no idea why any football player would want to go to MD. It is a good school, however, they do not give a rats behind about football. This whole state only cares about basketball and the NFL. In that order. Even in high school all the money goes to BasketBall.

I have no idea why any football player would want to go to MD. It is a good school, however, they do not give a rats behind about football. This whole state only cares about basketball and the NFL. In that order. Even in high school all the money goes to BasketBall.

Isn't Durkin supposed to be a pretty big time recruiter?

Isn't Durkin supposed to be a pretty big time recruiter?
Yes but that is beside the point. The school's stadium only seats 54,000 and in 2016 they averaged less than 40,000. They can not even sell out one of the smallest stadiums in the conference Despite being within 30 miles of two of the largest cities in the conference. 5 miles from DC and about 30 from Baltimore. Most DC residents as well as two of the largest suburban counties in MD all consider MD the Home team. Yet they can not sell out a tiny (By B1G standards) Stadium. Add to that they have no real tradition of winning and that they only sell out men's basketball. So the question is if a B1G championship falls into Byrd stadium. Will there be anyone their to hear it?

Actually lacrosse is king, then basketball.

Actually lacrosse is king, then basketball.
That depends on which county you are in. Not a lot of lacrosse being played in PG. But your point is not far off the mark. In Montgomery Howard and Frederick you would be spot on. Those counties soccer would be ahead of football as well.

Basically the whole staff showed up to his house. Hopefully this is the deciding factor!

Coaches (left to right): DC Chinander, HC Frost, ILBC Ruud, Taiyon Palmer, OLBC Dewitt, TEC Beckton, DBC Fisher

Last edited:

Very true. And yet their coaches are putting together a very good recruiting class. It must be that kids like to wear ugly Maryland flag covered turtle uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back