• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taiyon Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a very good offer list and he's at a position of serious need. Glad to have him up this weekend, hopefully we can close the deal.

And, to be fair what he wants to do post graduation. Want to be an accountant or teacher? You don't need a Duke degree. Want to go into sciences, engineering, business or other competitive fields? Damn skippy those degrees have a premium value.

Don't sell DONU short...

Duke and Vanderbilt are not top 100 business, UNL is. While Vandy and Duke are good engineering, so is UNL, top 100 in fact.. there are many areas where DONU is a top school, out pacing many other D1's

Don't sell DONU short...

Duke and Vanderbilt are not top 100 business, UNL is. While Vandy and Duke are good engineering, so is UNL, top 100 in fact.. there are many areas where DONU is a top school, out pacing many other D1's

Top 100 isn't the bar I would try to set as a top school. Top 10? sorta like recruiting rankings. There are the 5*s that are easy to pick out and then..... big pile of its on you the individual as far as education goes. This post gets an IMO.

Top 100 isn't the bar I would try to set as a top school. Top 10? sorta like recruiting rankings. There are the 5*s that are easy to pick out and then..... big pile of its on you the individual as far as education goes. This post gets an IMO.

Okay.. are we talking Top 10 nation wide, D1, are we comparing us to Duke and Vandy? the proverbial 'bar' has so many angles that there is no such thing as a one size fits all school.

Okay.. are we talking Top 10 nation wide, D1, are we comparing us to Duke and Vandy? the proverbial 'bar' has so many angles that there is no such thing as a one size fits all school.
No doubt and those within their field know when you are at a good school for whatever program that is.... But Duke/Vandy will be given the benefit of the doubt to an outsider as being a "good school" even when they are in fact just average. Sorta like the 3* Kids from Texas that SoCal isn't a fan of. ;D

upload_2018-1-8_16-58-57.png

that's a very good offer list and he's at a position of serious need. Glad to have him up this weekend, hopefully we can close the deal.

I was actually going to ask why, with his star rating, he doesn't have a better offer list.

His list:

N.C. State, Vanderbilt, Appalachian State, Cincinnati, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Indiana, Marshall, Minnesota, Nebraska, Old Dominion, Purdue, Tulane, Virginia, Virginia Tech. and Duke.

It's not a bad list at all. But Virginia Tech and NC State are the only top 25 teams who offered.

Anyone know why? With Duke and Vanderbilt on his list I doubt he is an academic risk.

I was actually going to ask why, with his star rating, he doesn't have a better offer list.

His list:

N.C. State, Vanderbilt, Appalachian State, Cincinnati, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Indiana, Marshall, Minnesota, Nebraska, Old Dominion, Purdue, Tulane, Virginia, Virginia Tech. and Duke.

It's not a bad list at all. But Virginia Tech and NC State are the only top 25 teams who offered.

Anyone know why? With Duke and Vanderbilt on his list I doubt he is an academic risk.
I was just going by the text in the OP. Georgia, ND, TN and a few others are pretty good.

IMPO, the combination of class need and this kids takent make him one of the top two targets on the board.

Academics are real important to this kid btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back