• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taiyon Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going by the text in the OP. Georgia, ND, TN and a few others are pretty good.

Ah I see that now, and the OP is quoting Land of 10. On 247 Georgia, Kentucky, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Stanford and Tennessee are all listed as schools he has an interest in but no offer. Perhaps 247 hasn't updated the list, although it shows Nebraska as an offer and we just made it. I suspect Land of 10 stubbed its toe on this one.

And make no mistake I like the offer and could care less who else has offered or what his star rating is. I love that he takes academics seriously--tells me he is smart and usually means a hard worker.

Last edited:

I was referring to the “if he values education” part. I graduated from UNL, and I had a great time; however, vandy and duke are much better schools. They suck at football
Buddy of mine had a brother who attended UNL and went on to be at the top of his class at Harvard business school. Can’t be all that bad.

That being said, I was living proof that being drunk, fat and stupid was definitely a way to make it through UNL.

I was actually going to ask why, with his star rating, he doesn't have a better offer list.

His list:

N.C. State, Vanderbilt, Appalachian State, Cincinnati, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Indiana, Marshall, Minnesota, Nebraska, Old Dominion, Purdue, Tulane, Virginia, Virginia Tech. and Duke.

It's not a bad list at all. But Virginia Tech and NC State are the only top 25 teams who offered.

Anyone know why? With Duke and Vanderbilt on his list I doubt he is an academic risk.

I'm good w/ an offer list from Coaches Mason & Bud Foster.

IMPO, the combination of class need and this kids takent make him one of the top two targets on the board.

Academics are real important to this kid btw.

It's been what, almost 2 years since we signed a CB that made it to Lincoln? Definitely a class need.

This kid is talented. He'd be on the 2-deep this fall IMO.

The depth chart in our secondary is pretty thin. We need all the help we can get there. I'm surprised we don't have more on our targets list unless we will attempt to convert some of the athletes to play DBs

I was referring to the “if he values education” part. I graduated from UNL, and I had a great time; however, vandy and duke are much better schools. They suck at football

Did Vandy or Duke change the periodic table? teach different math? do debits and credits not equal each other at Nebraska? I’m confused. I’ve never understood the school prestige thing. I guess Warren Buffett would be three times richer if he went to Harvard? It really depends on the How the person applies his/her knowledge

Did Vandy or Duke change the periodic table? teach different math? do debits and credits not equal each other at Nebraska? I’m confused. I’ve never understood the school prestige thing. I guess Warren Buffett would be three times richer if he went to Harvard? It really depends on the How the person applies his/her knowledge
When looking at any one individual sure, but when you look at the overall numbers, Vandy, Duke, etc... are only accepting smarter people and therefore are typically graduating smarter people. Those smart people elevate each other (again, in general) during class.

When looking at any one individual sure, but when you look at the overall numbers, Vandy, Duke, etc... are only accepting smarter people and therefore are typically graduating smarter people. Those smart people elevate each other (again, in general) during class.

This is exactly right. School prestige is measured on a macro level. Pointing to Buffett is like pointing to a famous person who was successful after dropping out of high school. It is possible. But for every one of them, there are thousands who barely make it passed minimum wage.

Not if they never look up from their smart phone

This is exactly right. School prestige is measured on a macro level. Pointing to Buffett is like pointing to a famous person who was successful after dropping out of high school. It is possible. But for every one of them, there are thousands who barely make it passed minimum wage.

Exactly. It is why the recruiting analogy and the school work well. Obviously there is talent that doesn't go to the top schools. Happens. Going to a top school doesn't mean you succeed as FB player.

Its more about connections than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back