• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quick Run Down Heading Into a Huge Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that the staff has done a tremendous job. Solid A IMPO. I would bet we get a top 15 class next year as long as we don't lose a bunch of games which I don't think we will.

:facepalm:

If all of the remaining top targets sign, this staff will have earned an A+. If not, an A is the worst you could reasonably assign them.

You are entitled to your opinion. A B- is not bad by any means.

all in a matter of a 6 weeks.

While having a staff devoted exclusively to recruiting.

All this staff has done is attract the best player in the class and the highest-rated lineman Nebraska has gotten since Solich (Barnett)

That is your opinion. According to Rivals ratings he is tied for first with two other players. According to 247 he is behind Eric Lee. I get that these ratings have a degree of subjectivity but you are engaging in hyperbole.

brought over the only prototypical TE that the University has seen since Herrian

What do you base this on? Define prototypical tight end. I would argue that we have recruited 4 in the Pelini era alone. I will wait until this guy plays before labeling him anything outside of his current accomplishments. Oh, and based on your definition Herrian was not a prototypical tight end either.

bolstered the depth of the thinnest position on the team (LB)

So we lose Courtney Love and get one (so far) low 3* and he has bolstered the depth? Oh and I think we have a lot of talent at LB (but yes we are thin). I would argue that we are also thin at DE. That is up to you to determine whether you agree with me or not, but I think with Santos, Newby, Rose, Banderez, are a great starting spot to build from. We would need to add 3 or 4 more to get the depth we would actually need.

flipped the class RB from another midwestern P5 program after Pelini's only RB commit flaked,

False! Bussey left because RB was not the coach here. That is not flaking imo. Not only that but we flipped an Iowa State commit. We should be able to do that buy offering a grey shirt.

gotten into the conversation for several 4* players

Means nothing until they sign. If they don't sign it is irrelevant.

will sign an additional 5 good-to-great players in WR (Alston), LB (Barry/Hall/Garbutt), OL (Paolo), and CB (Sykes/McGruder),

I have been reading this forum for years with people propping up our marginal players and telling us how great they will be. Yet they hardly ever pan out. 4 losses every year.

created a recruiting buzz the nation had never seen before with the recruiting maps,

Now I get it, you are just trolling.

and retained all but one of the biggest fish--2015 AND 2016--that Pelini had in his cooler -

I addressed this in my post. It is hard to give a guy credit for this when the kids are already enrolled.

But like I said, a B- is not bad. I just think you are blowing your wad to early. Pace yourself. Or at least wait until we crack the top 25 classes with Riley.

Recruiting is about building relationships. Mike Riley and company were significantly behind the 8-ball, but they've done everything imaginable to keep thinks running smooth. If anyone thinks this staff hasn't done a very good job in just over a month with this recruiting class, then they're simply letting their agenda shine through

And FWIW, Bussey was having 2nd thoughts long before Pelini was fired. A very respected recruiting guru who talked to Bussey's father even reported (well before Pelini was canned) that Bussey was going to decommit from Nebraska.

Bryan Munson retweeted
Devine Ozigbo@TrulyDevine_22 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 38m38 minutes ago</small>
#SQUAD
1f534.png
26aa.png
26ab.png
#GBR

...and you are entitled to yours. A discussion board, though, is for just that.

Nebraska has football personnel that are continuously devoted to recruiting, so that is nothing new. As for the coaching staff, not only were they not at full numbers, but they were relocating across the country and had exponentially more work to do than coaches already in place. To try to argue that this was a luxury is a little unaware.

That is your opinion. According to Rivals ratings he is tied for first with two other players. According to 247 he is behind Eric Lee. I get that these ratings have a degree of subjectivity but you are engaging in hyperbole.

...as are you when you claim that this staff is doing an average job. N2FL and ESPN also believe that Barnett is best guard prospect in the country. Keep splitting hairs, though. :thumbsup:

What do you base this on? Define prototypical tight end. I would argue that we have recruited 4 in the Pelini era alone. I will wait until this guy plays before labeling him anything outside of his current accomplishments. Oh, and based on your definition Herrian was not a prototypical tight end either.

You ask for my definition of a prototypical tight end, but then apply the definition you don't have to Herrian. Confusing.

So we lose Courtney Love and get one (so far) low 3* and he has bolstered the depth? Oh and I think we have a lot of talent at LB (but yes we are thin). I would argue that we are also thin at DE. That is up to you to determine whether you agree with me or not, but I think with Santos, Newby, Rose, Banderez, are a great starting spot to build from. We would need to add 3 or 4 more to get the depth we would actually need.

Love and Hart informed Pelini that they were transferring, so that is just more urgency for the new staff. You think four players with spotty playing time and injury issues is sufficient? Riley and Bray don't seem to think so, hence their desire to bring in FOUR new LBs, three HS recruits (Ferguson, Young, Barry) and a senior transfer (Lewis). That seems like bolstered depth, to me.

False! Bussey left because RB was not the coach here. That is not flaking imo. Not only that but we flipped an Iowa State commit. We should be able to do that buy offering a grey shirt.

:rolleyes: Dude. I guess you are seeing what you want to see. Bussey was on his way out -- even if Pelini and RB stayed.

Do yourself a favor and check out Ozigbo's offer list before continuing to diminish his commitment.

If you don't like speculation or trend analysis you should probable avoid this forum during all months not named "February". :2cents:

I have been reading this forum for years with people propping up our marginal players and telling us how great they will be. Yet they hardly ever pan out. 4 losses every year.

I have only been reading your posts since Riley was hired and you don't seem to be improving either. :thumbsup:

There were national recruiting experts retweeting the maps and saying that Nebraska had "won the internet". I don't know how you define buzz, but that meets most people's standard definition. But if there is anybody that knows trolling it would be you, so I'll reflect very seriously on this. :lol:

I addressed this in my post. It is hard to give a guy credit for this when the kids are already enrolled.

What recruits were enrolled on Dec 5?

But like I said, a B- is not bad. I just think you are blowing your wad to early. Pace yourself. Or at least wait until we crack the top 25 classes with Riley.

But like I said, you're grade is absurd.

I'm with you, Warzone.

Some at this board have criticized you for ignoring facts.

I would suggest that they are delusional, but that would probably send me on vacation again, so I will not make that suggestion.

Again, Warzone, I am with you.

SWB

I think that the staff has done a tremendous job. Solid A IMPO. I would bet we get a top 15 class next year as long as we don't lose a bunch of games which I don't think we will.

What would a staff earn with 24 recruits which includes five players of 5 *s, 14 players of 4 *s and 5 players of 3 *s?

SWB

What would a staff earn with 24 recruits which includes five players of 5 *s, 14 players of 4 *s and 5 players of 3 *s?

SWB

Do you grade on a curve, SWB? Because that sounds like a pretty typical class for Alabama, Florida, USC, Florida State and a few other programs - probably an A-/B+ for them. At Nebraska, that class would be an A+. But that does not presuppose that the performance of this coaching staff in the last two months of this recruiting cycle is not also an A+.

Sincerely,
Husker Mort

***....admire your passion but I'd bet you a couple of those Fairbury Red Hot Dogs that not all of the top 15 commit AND no more than 2 of the 5 you predicted will enroll at DONU.

Do you have a Paypal account?

Lol can you send hot dogs via pay pal because I will get fat fat fat!!!!

I think we will get a commit from someone we aren't even aware of yet. But I will wager that at least two of those five commit! I'll put my name on that...

Just to keep it fun, you say Sykes, Alston, Talan, Paulo and Lewis.

I say you will be lucky to get two of those, definitely not 3. Course anything is possible with 18 year old kids, but I say it will be tough to flip Sykes, he's in town for a freebie 'California deamin' on Paulo (he would be a load), but bet he stays on the West Coast. I would agree Talan is a good shot to be N. Lavan Alston? We'll see what Trent Bray has. Too many choices for Lewis....don't think he comes here but with the chance to play --- you might pull it off and send me packing. :) You get 3 N and I will say you are the KING.

I hear ya - I think Barry is a big possibility with those five as well since Lewis doesn't count towards this class...

Just guesses on my part with zero inside info on what these guys are thinking...

I would like to bump this for my hot dogs please! Only two have committed out of the five and I already won my bet! Lewis probably won't commit until after signing day which is why I switched him with Barry...

I think we lead for Talan, Paulo we have a good chance with if he can stand the cold, Alston scares me a little...

Last edited:

I would like to bump this for my hot dogs please! Only two have committed out of the five and I already won my bet! Lewis probably won't commit until after signing day which is why I switched him with Barry...

I think we lead for Talan, Paulo we have a good chance with if he can stand the cold, Alston scares me a little...

If he has aspirations of playing in "the League" there is no better time OR place to get acclimated weather wise and OTHER wise than at Nebraska!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back