• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quick Run Down Heading Into a Huge Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitt I agree, TCU I'm curious why you think we should be out-recruiting them...

I agree TCU is certainly a trendy team and had a very successful season. However, my point was simply that if NU is going to have "top 10" type classes, eventually you have to beat quite a few good teams in the living room of the recruits. NU fans always say NU is top 10 for facilities, tradition, name recognition, etc. So I guess it depends on what you are consider makes recruiting successful. If it is a combination of tradition, name recognition, recent success, etc.....then NU would have to beat a number of teams to routinely have classes ranked as high as many expect or at least want.

Off the top of my head, these would include: OSU, Mich, MSU, PSU, Mia, FSU, Ala, Fla, LSU, Aub, A&M, Missouri, Tex, OU, Baylor, TCU, Oregon, Stanford, USC, UCLA There are 20 teams which either have quite a bit of recent success or are traditionally a name brand. If NU can't out recruit TCU or UCLA in that list, then maybe expectations should not be top 10 classes, as seems to be taken for granted by many fans. So, ultimately, it comes down to what can realistically be expected.

I understand individually players will pick what they see as the best fit for themselves.

Sure, we should be able to beat TCU in recruiting. We should also be a better team than TCU on the field, but TCU finished ranked in the Top5 and we weren't ranked at all.

Lowering our goals would be accepting a final ranking of #20 or worse year after year after year.

But Talan is very good get. If you disagree, I'd like you to watch his film and tell us why.

I said nothing about Talan being a good player or not. We'll see in 1-5 years. You must agree with me that we should beat TCU routinely...although from other posts, many on here seem to disagree.

And a likely preseason top 4 ranking. Many recruits these days get enamored with the 'new, trendy team', like a TCU or Baylor. That image, plus the fact they've played some very solid, very exciting football of late makes them a hard head to head match. Had we not had some of the disappointing outcomes the last several years, it's likely we wouldn't be having discussions about how hard it is to recruit against them.

In defense of TCU (or more in defense of Patterson), they have finished in the top 10, 5 of the last 10 years. They may not have some long-lasting history like UNL but they've been very good under him. Baylor, on the other hand, has really only been a decent team for the last 2-3 years

I said nothing about Talan being a good player or not. We'll see in 1-5 years. You must agree with me that we should beat TCU routinely...although from other posts, many on here seem to disagree.

For non-Texas recruits, yes we should beat TCU routinely. But that's a blanket statement and you cannot dismiss how much more success TCU has had recently than Nebraska.

If we want to start beating the big dogs in recruiting consistently, we will have to do better on the field than we've done. Finishing ranked outside of the Top20 year after year on the field is not typically going to translate well when it comes to recruiting.

Have you seen Talan's film? If so, what do you think?

Last edited:

Talan, Alston, Barry... Lewis was removed because I didn't think he'd do anything before signing day. Sykes committed then left for a team he never had an offer from when you had me take my guess.

Don't expect you to understand that tho...

By the way, Talan visited TCU In Dallas and chose us over them...

But it doesn't surprise me you'd find a way to weasel out of a bet and try to move the goal posts...

"Often wrong but never in doubt" -oracle of lincoln

Whoa, Whoa --- I'm not weaseling out of anything. You picked the picked the 5 and I said you wouldn't get more that 2. Boom! End of story. the Oracle was correct.

All of the sudden, you remove Lewis after the terms are set, because you thought you were wrong? Sounds a little unfair, don't you think? He was still being recruited till the very end. In fact you were gloating over going 5 for 5 --- which kind of sounds like the cheerleaders when DONU went up on Wisconsin.

Man, lost a lot of respect for you....let's revisit some oldies.

Sykes would already be a commit if not for the Huskers still trying to flip McGruder from Okie State and if they do not he will be 'N'....you don't take a trip to another school three days after commuting to Wazzu.....unless you are hoping to get a commitable offer....so tough to flip Sykes? Are you really serious? He will be 'N' the minute they let him...Wazzu is a place holder in case that does not happen....and that is a fact...
Paulo loves our coaching staff....great relationship and I'm cautiously optimistic we land is commit too....

Barry I think we flip also.....

Alston was a silent commit to Coach Riley at Oregon State....read what you want into that.....

Lewis from all signs is going to pick Nebraska....

We could possibly get 4 of the 5 if Sykes gets a commitable offer....

I just took this as a clown post. Lota bravado there, not much foresight.

Alston makes three of my predictions coming thru which was told to me to be impossible! If Paulo and Talan choose Nebraska I would be five for five and at that point I have no idea what he would owe me... Quite a lot I think, hot dogs for life!

Cart before the horse much? I have a feeling that your waistline is thanking you for losing --- those dawgs better left alone. LMAO.

Last edited:

I just took this as a personal attack.....and you also need to be aware of this rule as you have been engaging in it quite heavily....

My advice to you is to take a chill pill and back off...

Trolling and Baiting: Trolling is defined as a post or a thread that is deliberately designed to get a rise out of people, for example by posting information that is obviously incorrect, asking questions that are nonsensical, or by purposely antagonizing or mischaracterizing Husker fans. Similarly, baiting is defined as posts that are calculated to provoke another poster into violating the rules. Engaging in either trolling or baiting is likely to result in a PM from either an administrator or a moderat

I just took this as a clown post. Lota bravado there, not much foresight.

Last edited:
Your done in this thread.....you are trolling and baiting and looking to start a fight.....

One and only Warning.....

Cart before the horse much? I have a feeling that your waistline is thanking you for losing --- those dawgs better left alone. LMAO.

Last edited:

For non-Texas recruits, yes we should beat TCU routinely. But that's a blanket statement and you cannot dismiss how much more success TCU has had recently than Nebraska.

If we want to start beating the big dogs in recruiting consistently, we will have to do better on the field than we've done. Finishing ranked outside of the Top20 year after year on the field is not typically going to translate well when it comes to recruiting.

Have you seen Talan's film? If so, what do you think?

I don't consider myself enough of a talent evaluator to say one way or the other. I am more of an analyst of the games I see than the players and I have the past experience to prove it....LOL True story: I saw Kyle Vanden Bosch play as a senior in HS and knew that he was on the NU offer list. In my opinion, he wasn't even the best player on the field that night and I thought NU was making a mistake. As the years proved, I didn't have a clue what I was seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back