• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quick Run Down Heading Into a Huge Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you should take it personally. I didn't intend it for anyone else but you. Most of these kids had valid reasons and didn't openly lie to the state. One did and I'll just continue to voice the opinion that if we rake him over the coals a bit in hope that kids in the future will recognize they aren't the only ones affected by their decisions. If they aren't mature enough to make it on their own in an intelligent manner, then they need to seek the guidance of someone who can walk them through the process.

Most of these kids had valid reasons and didn't openly lie to the state. One did and I'll just continue to voice the opinion that if we rake him over the coals a bit in hope that kids in the future will recognize they aren't the only ones affected by their decisions. If they aren't mature enough to make it on their own in an intelligent manner, then they need to seek the guidance of someone who can walk them through the process.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and re-read my previous post.

Yep, a TCU offer is impressive. Riley was able to beat out a very respected HC in Gary Patterson for Talan and he was also able to beat out Narduzzi and Pitt for Talan.

Gary Patterson and Narduzzi are two very well respected defensive minds.

Try again.

Talan had multiple other offers. One of his final 4 teams was TCU and he actually visited TCU a few weeks ago.

Gary Patterson knows a thing or two about defense, by the way.

So does Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi, who really liked him and recruited him hard.

Not impressed, *** ----there will be no dawgs for you. You could make a case 'the Oracle' had a better handle on your self-chosen, 5 best. A very good case. Only 2 of 5 for you and I let you have a freebie with Talan. For Gawd Sakes, he committed to Riley and the only competition was Pitt and Temple. Not exactly going up against heavyweights there. Lewis preferred RUTGERS over DONU with gaping holes at LB - what does that say? Paulo wasn't ever very interested. And you 'experts' were banking on Sykes? LMAO, now that is funny $**t.

Talan, Alston, Barry... Lewis was removed because I didn't think he'd do anything before signing day. Sykes committed then left for a team he never had an offer from when you had me take my guess.

Don't expect you to understand that tho...

By the way, Talan visited TCU In Dallas and chose us over them...

But it doesn't surprise me you'd find a way to weasel out of a bet and try to move the goal posts...

"Often wrong but never in doubt" -oracle of lincoln

Last edited:
Patterson and Narduzzi may know defense, but NU SHOULD beat TCU and Pitt when it comes to recruiting. Especially on a guy that was committed to the coach at his previous stop (I believe that is the case, but at least was very familiar). Unless we have now lowered our goals to out recruiting Pitt from OSU or Mich. (or OU, Tex, etc)

Patterson and Narduzzi may know defense, but NU SHOULD beat TCU and Pitt when it comes to recruiting. Especially on a guy that was committed to the coach at his previous stop (I believe that is the case, but at least was very familiar). Unless we have now lowered our goals to out recruiting Pitt from OSU or Mich. (or OU, Tex, etc)

Pitt I agree, TCU I'm curious why you think we should be out-recruiting them...

Maybe as a general rule, but the problem with a generalization like this is players always have different priorities and different reasons for why they may or may not like a particular school. Just because a fan thinks NU is what is best for a kid, doesn't mean the kid thinks so....regardless of who is doing the recruiting for either school. Flashback to 2013 and Allen Lazard had a big offer list that probably would've been bigger had he done more to shop himself around, yet he stayed home and is a Cyclone.

They were only a win away, or just a committee pick away, from the playoff.....it's no big deal.

And a likely preseason top 4 ranking. Many recruits these days get enamored with the 'new, trendy team', like a TCU or Baylor. That image, plus the fact they've played some very solid, very exciting football of late makes them a hard head to head match. Had we not had some of the disappointing outcomes the last several years, it's likely we wouldn't be having discussions about how hard it is to recruit against them.

Indeed....

Talan, Alston, Barry... Lewis was removed because I didn't think he'd do anything before signing day. Sykes committed then left for a team he never had an offer from when you had me take my guess.

Don't expect you to understand that tho...

By the way, Talan visited TCU In Dallas and chose us over them...

But it doesn't surprise me you'd find a way to weasel out of a bet and try to move the goal posts...

"Often wrong but never in doubt" -oracle of lincoln

Sure, we should be able to beat TCU in recruiting. We should also be a better team than TCU on the field, but TCU finished ranked in the Top5 and we weren't ranked at all.

Lowering our goals would be accepting a final ranking of #20 or worse year after year after year.

But Talan is very good get. If you disagree, I'd like you to watch his film and tell us why.

Last edited:

Not impressed, *** ----there will be no dawgs for you. You could make a case 'the Oracle' had a better handle on your self-chosen, 5 best. A very good case. Only 2 of 5 for you and I let you have a freebie with Talan. For Gawd Sakes, he committed to Riley and the only competition was Pitt and Temple. Not exactly going up against heavyweights there. Lewis preferred RUTGERS over DONU with gaping holes at LB - what does that say? Paulo wasn't ever very interested. And you 'experts' were banking on Sykes? LMAO, now that is funny $**t.

Welcher...Welcher..Welcher...Welcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back