• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quick Run Down Heading Into a Huge Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a heated battle in spring and fall between Charles Jackson and Leroy Alexander for the FS spot. Both are extremely talented but I personally give the edge to Jackson. His speed is the X-Factor for me.

BOth are fast !! I want the one that is a HITTER and can tackle. What good is speed when they cant hit , tackle or take correct angles>>??

With the way the recruiting services have their rankings set up a class this size has little to no chance being Top 20 UNLESS you look at average star rating of each school....which as I recall puts us at 24 right now....[/QUOTE]

Do you know how 247 does their rankings? Could be wrong, but I thought Rivals only counted the top 20 commits in their team rankings. I agree we're not going to be top 20, but I think we could make a significant move up. Doubt our Rivals Team ranking is any worse than last year, which is pretty amazing considering the coaching change.

This is from the same guy who has repeatedly posted that we were going to have a large class and we have to keep reminding him we are not.....

We will have no problem filling this class....16+3....so actually all we need is 2 more commits to reach our max of 85 and the other 3 over signs will be based on expected attrition....

So just so we are all straight on this the class is 16....with 3 over signs to get us to 19....

So yeah no surprise....anyone who has been paying attention already knew it.....

With the way the recruiting services have their rankings set up a class this size has little to no chance being Top 20 UNLESS you look at average star rating of each school....which as I recall puts us at 24 right now....

what are you saying???? because of the small class size we wont have a top 20 ranking?? lmao

what are you saying???? because of the small class size we wont have a top 20 ranking?? lmao

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying because most services do their overall rankings based on a total points system, not an average ranking. The more commits equals more points.

Do you know how 247 does their rankings? Could be wrong, but I thought Rivals only counted the top 20 commits in their team rankings. I agree we're not going to be top 20, but I think we could make a significant move up. Doubt our Rivals Team ranking is any worse than last year, which is pretty amazing considering the coaching change.

Rivals only counts top 20 recruits...

But 247 also gives heavier weight to more recruits, makes sense since you have a better chance of hitting on a class with more numbers... If we take 19 guys but finish in the top 30 I will be pretty happy with that... If we somehow get top 25 that's unbelievable for a transition class...

I bet we finish just outside the top 30 tho...

FWIW - even if we got the top ranked guys on our board for all 5 remaining spots (Paulo, Alston, Hall, Olenga, Talan) we still wouldn't crack the top 25 according to 247s class calculator...

And obviously that won't happen since we are still looking for a safety...

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying....you can LMAO all you want......if you want to provide something to counter it we are all waiting and all ears....

FWIW I'll say it again the way they do the rankings is just plain dumb.....I'm not a fan and have made no bones about it...

I understand that this weekend is big for diff. Reasons, but I think I am more excited for next week. Besides Barry & lewis, all others are commits or 2016 guys correct? Farniok is def. My want this weekend.
Oh, and if course the Neal soap opera.

The first rule of a Joe Burrow secret visit is to not talk about the Joe Burrow secret visit......

You always look at the bright side. Your always looking at the glass half empty. You must be a downer to be around.

Not really. This is a tough task for a new coaching staff, particularly one with the lack of historic recruiting success. I think what they have done so far to salvage the class, and get a few more bodies in here has been pretty good. No need to worry about the fact that they had a staff to essentially exclusively recruit for over a month.

I would give the staff a B- (which is not bad) so far. They have kept most of our class, and have done solid given their lack of familiarity with the area, and recruiting radius. That said, I do not see our future recruiting in this staff to be a whole lot better. This staff got fairly lucky with the fact that some of the bigger name recruits in our class were going to enroll in January. Thus effectively locking those athletes up.

Someone also pointed out that our average stars are 24th. I agree that average stars mean more than ranking. But we are Nebraska and should do better than a top 15 finish in average stars every single year. That last sentence is a fact and I am cutting the staff some slack for being new.

***....admire your passion but I'd bet you a couple of those Fairbury Red Hot Dogs that not all of the top 15 commit AND no more than 2 of the 5 you predicted will enroll at DONU.

Do you have a Paypal account?

***....admire your passion but I'd bet you a couple of those Fairbury Red Hot Dogs that not all of the top 15 commit AND no more than 2 of the 5 you predicted will enroll at DONU.

Do you have a Paypal account?

Lol can you send hot dogs via pay pal because I will get fat fat fat!!!!

What do you mean by not all of top 15 commit?

I think we will get a commit from someone we aren't even aware of yet. But I will wager that at least two of those five commit! I'll put my name on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back