• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quick Run Down Heading Into a Huge Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its that time of year my good friend....LOL...you know what I am talking about.....

Lol can you send hot dogs via pay pal because I will get fat fat fat!!!!

What do you mean by not all of top 15 commit?

I think we will get a commit from someone we aren't even aware of yet. But I will wager that at least two of those five commit! I'll put my name on that...

Rivals only counts top 20 recruits...

But 247 also gives heavier weight to more recruits, makes sense since you have a better chance of hitting on a class with more numbers... If we take 19 guys but finish in the top 30 I will be pretty happy with that... If we somehow get top 25 that's unbelievable for a transition class...

I bet we finish just outside the top 30 tho...

Not sure which post to quote for this, but we also have to consider with class rankings that Lewis won't be included. So in our 19, only 18 are guys taht will be signed by February and count towards the ranking.

Lewis will not be part of the 19 signed in the 2015 class....he is a transfer....and thus separate....which makes it 20.....

Not sure which post to quote for this, but we also have to consider with class rankings that Lewis won't be included. So in our 19, only 18 are guys taht will be signed by February and count towards the ranking.

Last edited:
Lewis will not be part of the 19 signed in the 2015 class....he is a transfer....and thus separate....which makes it 20.....

By next fall don't the huskers have to be at 85 scholarships max? If we get to 19, I am still counting 87 scholarship players and 2 would have to leave before fall. Attrition should take care of it though.

BOth are fast !! I want the one that is a HITTER and can tackle. What good is speed when they cant hit , tackle or take correct angles>>??

Do you remember how dynamic Jackson was on special teams during his first two years? Dude can and likes to hit people. Also, he is one of the fastest players on the team.

Yes

And yes attrition will take care of it.....

By next fall don't the huskers have to be at 85 scholarships max? If we get to 19, I am still counting 87 scholarship players and 2 would have to leave before fall. Attrition should take care of it though.

Looking cautiously optimistic on the Paulo front...the relationship he has built with our staff maybe the decider in the end....

Last edited:

:

Kaiwan Lewis - New Jersey (transferring from South Carolina)
Darrin Paulo - California (uncommitted)
Adrienne Talan - Florida (uncommitted)
Lavan Alston - California (uncommitted)
Willie Sykes - Texas (committed to Washington State)

Just to keep it fun, you say Sykes, Alston, Talan, Paulo and Lewis.

I say you will be lucky to get two of those, definitely not 3. Course anything is possible with 18 year old kids, but I say it will be tough to flip Sykes, he's in town for a freebie 'California deamin' on Paulo (he would be a load), but bet he stays on the West Coast. I would agree Talan is a good shot to be N. Lavan Alston? We'll see what Trent Bray has. Too many choices for Lewis....don't think he comes here but with the chance to play --- you might pull it off and send me packing. :) You get 3 N and I will say you are the KING.

Sykes would already be a commit if not for the Huskers still trying to flip McGruder from Okie State and if they do not he will be 'N'....you don't take a trip to another school three days after commuting to Wazzu.....unless you are hoping to get a commitable offer....so tough to flip Sykes? Are you really serious? He will be 'N' the minute they let him...Wazzu is a place holder in case that does not happen....and that is a fact...

Paulo loves our coaching staff....great relationship and I'm cautiously optimistic we land is commit too....

Barry I think we flip also.....

Alston was a silent commit to Coach Riley at Oregon State....read what you want into that.....

Lewis from all signs is going to pick Nebraska....

We could possibly get 4 of the 5 if Sykes gets a commitable offer....

I say you will be lucky to get two of those, definitely not 3. Course anything is possible with 18 year old kids, but I say it will be tough to flip Sykes, he's in town for a freebie 'California deamin' on Paulo (he would be a load), but bet he stays on the West Coast. I would agree Talan is a good shot to be N. Lavan Alston? We'll see what Trent Bray has. Too many choices for Lewis....don't think he comes here but with the chance to play --- you might pull it off and send me packing. :) You get 3 N and I will say you are the KING.

Last edited:

I hear ya - I think Barry is a big possibility with those five as well since Lewis doesn't count towards this class...

Just guesses on my part with zero inside info on what these guys are thinking...

You are pretty much on the mark with your guesses....in my opinion....

I hear ya - I think Barry is a big possibility with those five as well since Lewis doesn't count towards this class...

Just guesses on my part with zero inside info on what these guys are thinking...

I would give the staff a B- (which is not bad) so far. They have kept most of our class, and have done solid given their lack of familiarity with the area, and recruiting radius. That said, I do not see our future recruiting in this staff to be a whole lot better. This staff got fairly lucky with the fact that some of the bigger name recruits in our class were going to enroll in January. Thus effectively locking those athletes up.

:facepalm:

Yeah. All this staff has done is attract the best player in the class and the highest-rated lineman Nebraska has gotten since Solich (Barnett), brought over the only prototypical TE that the University has seen since Herrian, bolstered the depth of the thinnest position on the team (LB), flipped the class RB from another midwestern P5 program after Pelini's only RB commit flaked, gotten into the conversation for several 4* players, will sign an additional 5 good-to-great players in WR (Alston), LB (Barry/Hall/Garbutt), OL (Paolo), and CB (Sykes/McGruder), will likely accept the transfer paperwork of a former SEC starter who can provide immediate depth (Lewis), created a recruiting buzz the nation had never seen before with the recruiting maps, impressed some of Nebraska's best HS football coaches, visited and offered at least 40 of the highest rated 2016 prospects out there, and retained all but one of the biggest fish--2015 AND 2016--that Pelini had in his cooler -- all in a matter of a 6 weeks.

If all of the remaining top targets sign, this staff will have earned an A+. If not, an A is the worst you could reasonably assign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back