• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Quick Run Down Heading Into a Huge Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible we see more three man lines than Banker likes in the near future until they can build depth?

Well, then you're putting more linebackers on the field where they think we lack depth...

I personally think our 4 man line will be one of the best in the conference so I wouldn't want them to do that unless it's passing downs.

However, they are all getting PAID six figures to do it and I'm PAYING 20 dollars to tell people what I would do. So I assume we will go with their plan...

He graduates in the Spring so more than likely will not be here and as Schaefer said yesterday he will not count against the class...

Also Jones should open a slot up too....

That's a good question...

First, I figured he would be here for spring ball but I may be wrong on that, as you can enroll a few weeks after classes start. Second, the total number of 85 is what you worry about, so if he does sign transfer papers, you have to count him towards the 85 for next year when you are doing your numbers for the 2015 class.

You could be right tho, it would be nice to have 5 guys PLUS Lewis in our final number. But I'm not sure when he's planning on getting here or when they are counting him. I do know once he signs scholarship papers you have to count him towards your 85 for when he will be here and you can't just tell the B1G "well, you know we will have more than 3 for our attrition."

Great insightful info as usual ***! I always learn more (and/or something new) from reading your posts! Thanks.

Well, then you're putting more linebackers on the field where they think we lack depth...

I personally think our 4 man line will be one of the best in the conference so I wouldn't want them to do that unless it's passing downs.

However, they are all getting PAID six figures to do it and I'm PAYING 20 dollars to tell people what I would do. So I assume we will go with their plan...

lol. I agree with the front 4, but it looks like we are getting LB depth quicker than DL depth. I hope we have enough depth to run what the coaches want.

He graduates in the Spring so more than likely will not be here and as Schaefer said yesterday he will not count against the class...

Also Jones should open a slot up too....
We were already counting Jones...

And Lewis still counts against the 85 so that's where the confusion is since if he signs transfer papers you have to count him towards your number regardless of when he graduates...

That's a really good question...

What's nice is it will be Warren, someone they're familar with asking them to make the move. I think Cockrell will lock up the corner spot opposite of Davie. And Williams will be the backup behind Alexander and Gerry along with K. Williams. I'm more impressed with Aaron Williams than others are. After that, they will probably just try to hang on in terms of their fifth and sixth guys, but someone like Jonathan Rose is a good candidate since he did it as a true freshman in the SEC...

Interested to see where Charles Jackson fits in. He was the ideal peso (physically) for Bo's scheme, I think he would be a great FS.

Interested to see where Charles Jackson fits in. He was the ideal peso (physically) for Bo's scheme, I think he would be a great FS.

He wouldn't waste any time getting down to support the run, that kid was so quick and athletic...

I would like to see him move there and have Kalu be our nickel...

Ah my bad....read it quick....just got in from the hospital....

Yes I understand the 85.....but by the time he gets here would assume there is attrition to account for his scholarship....and as we both know a one year is a good thing as it helps for the 2016 class....

We were already counting Jones...

And Lewis still counts against the 85 so that's where the confusion is since if he signs transfer papers you have to count him towards your number regardless of when he graduates...

Ah my bad....read it quick....just got in from the hospital....

Yes I understand the 85.....but by the time he gets here would assume there is attrition to account for his scholarship....and as we both know a one year is a good thing as it helps for the 2016 class....

That's where my question is... I think once transfer papers are signed you have to have room for him with the plus 3. I'm not sure if you can say to the B1G office "well we took five guys in the recruiting class and we are taking a transfer that would make +4". I don't know how that works...

This thread is linked on the front page of HM. ***, do you have a bucket list item crossed off now?

I really do not either....I know we pinned/stuck the thread on it (over signing) in the forum...but this is unique.....I'll do some more research and see what I can find....I assume MR and staff anticipate a scholarship opening up for him (and the three over signs) or they would not be giving the full press....

Oh did I say how awesome it was that we are actually using the over signing process....:)

That's where my question is... I think once transfer papers are signed you have to have room for him with the plus 3. I'm not sure if you can say to the B1G office "well we took five guys in the recruiting class and we are taking a transfer that would make +4". I don't know how that works...

You onlyhave to slow play the transfer papers for 2 weeks. If they come in a couple days after signing day then you did nothing wrong. We take a chance of another "Stringfellow" incident, but it seems like a wager you would take to sneak in another schollie player ahead of the attrition we expect following spring

I have a question. Everyone is saying "we will lose 3 or more to attrition". What, if for some reason, we don't lose 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back