• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralistically. If Nebraska High Schools wanted to. They could easily move games that week to Saturday. Other states have Saturday HS games all the time. Would probably be an easy sell as long as it is just that week.
I was just about to post that they should schedule a HS triple header at the stadium on Saturday, inviting western and central Nebraska schools along with Lincoln and Omaha teams. Games like Kearney v. Grand Island, Southwest v. East, and Westside v. Millard South or Gretna v. Elkhorn. That would be a good draw.

This is inconvenient for the fans, but I'm sure the university wants to do it because the game will basically get the national stage on that Friday (as opposed to being one of several dozen games on Saturday that gets ignored by everyone but the fans of the teams playing).

According to an article I read, 12 of the teams in the 18-team Big Ten will be playing on a Friday. These teams include Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA. In fact, I believe that UCLA is playing on a Friday twice. So the fact that Nebraska is scheduled to play on a Friday shouldn't be viewed as some sort of slight.
And the 6 who are not playing?

The 4 PAC12 teams, in my mind don’t quite count … different culture on west coast and they are the newbies, there should be some “entrance fees” to the conference.

That leaves 6 of the 14, nearly half the B1G isn’t playing on a Friday.

“All-for-one-and-one-for-all” except when I don’t want the rules to apply to me. Screw Michigan, Wisconsin, PSU, and tOSU.

I know it is nearly impossible to switch out the stadium, but a volleyball game there on Saturday could really help out Lincoln businesses and make for a fun weekend. Not looking for 90,000 people again, but 40,000 could be possible.

I love this program just as much as everyone else but that comment of 90k on Friday nights and you'll wait?

Well Nebraska is about to do it and do it big. You watch. We can be the 8th winningest program but..... we for real don't earn the right to take night games away from OSU, PSU, Mich, or quite frankly any big 10 team.
Not yet
Fine, so play HOME GAMES on Saturdays. 11, or 2:30, is way better than Friday night. And yes, Nebraska fans will make it a spectacle, and 1.1 m viewers will watch, if that, nationally. They’ll all be watching HS football, and partying their nuts off. That’s what Fridays are for, not NU home games.

May be the most uninformed post I have read in a while. Do you think we had a choice? If you do we are not paying attention.
I believe they could have fought it, put up serious resistance. When is Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State going to play a Friday night home game? You’re clueless man. NU isn’t a small fry, even with its recent losing ways. It’s still a solid, solid draw. It’s very informed, you’re in a very small party brotha. A Friday night HOME GAME, simply, is BS.

Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin do not play on Friday night.
Michigan State, Oregon, Purdue, Rutgers, UCLA, and Washington play 2 Friday night games.
UCLA plays two back-to-back Friday night games, home vs. Iowa and at Washington

# of Friday Night Games
Indiana0
Illinois1
Iowa1
Maryland1
Michigan0
Michigan State2
Minnesota0
NU1
Northwestern1
Ohio State0
Oregon2
Penn State0
Purdue2
Rutgers2
UCLA2
USC1
Washington2
Wisconsin0

Fine, so play HOME GAMES on Saturdays. 11, or 2:30, is way better than Friday night. And yes, Nebraska fans will make it a spectacle, and 1.1 m viewers will watch, if that, nationally. They’ll all be watching HS football, and partying their nuts off. That’s what Fridays are for, not NU home games.
Unfortunately that night they won't be watching HS games

I was just about to post that they should schedule a HS triple header at the stadium on Saturday, inviting western and central Nebraska schools along with Lincoln and Omaha teams. Games like Kearney v. Grand Island, Southwest v. East, and Westside v. Millard South or Gretna v. Elkhorn. That would be a good draw.
I checked the schedule Southwest v. East is scheduled for that week already and Waverly v Elkhorn that’s a good doubleheader right there!

I thought I heard on KETV tonight that someone in the administration said we didn't have a choice. (I may have just been thinking it and thought I heard it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back