• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is inconvenient for the fans, but I'm sure the university wants to do it because the game will basically get the national stage on that Friday (as opposed to being one of several dozen games on Saturday that gets ignored by everyone but the fans of the teams playing).

According to an article I read, 12 of the teams in the 18-team Big Ten will be playing on a Friday. These teams include Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA. In fact, I believe that UCLA is playing on a Friday twice. So the fact that Nebraska is scheduled to play on a Friday shouldn't be viewed as some sort of slight.

This is inconvenient for the fans, but I'm sure the university wants to do it because the game will basically get the national stage on that Friday (as opposed to being one of several dozen games on Saturday that gets ignored by everyone but the fans of the teams playing).

According to an article I read, 12 of the teams in the 18-team Big Ten will be playing on a Friday. These teams include Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA. In fact, I believe that UCLA is playing on a Friday twice. So the fact that Nebraska is scheduled to play on a Friday shouldn't be viewed as some sort of slight.
Oregon is really upset I'm sure. And their fan base probably won't like the uniforms they wear.

Good grief

I’m still kinda shocked. I had to reread it twice to make sure I saw it right. These are the types of decisions that makes me wonder about the intelligence of the administration.
I remember how we said there will never be a Friday night game in Lincoln! This didn't age well! Big hit for the Saturday business bump for Lincoln businesses

From what I read this is sellout game 400 so they are going to make it a big deal, probably why the move.
The scheduling demanded it. We play idk how many homecoming away games, like four. New Big rule, team gets to call when they play homecoming, so it had to be a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back