• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oregon is really upset I'm sure. And their fan base probably won't like the uniforms they wear.

Good grief
When four of your away games are on those teams homecoming, and the Big says homecoming teams get to pick when they play, we are stuck playing the require Friday game at home.
It sucks but it is what it is.

This is inconvenient for the fans, but I'm sure the university wants to do it because the game will basically get the national stage on that Friday (as opposed to being one of several dozen games on Saturday that gets ignored by everyone but the fans of the teams playing).

According to an article I read, 12 of the teams in the 18-team Big Ten will be playing on a Friday. These teams include Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA. In fact, I believe that UCLA is playing on a Friday twice. So the fact that Nebraska is scheduled to play on a Friday shouldn't be viewed as some sort of slight.
Road games are fine, NOT HOME GAMES.

You don't just get Saturday night games in prime time.

People have to adjust, and they will. Personally as terrible as we've been I'm much more concerned with seeing the on the field product rather than tailgating. I'd schedule games on Tuesdays if I knew we would play great.

We aren't entitled anymore
You don’t get the prime spots generally, unless you win, a lot. Moving games to a Friday night is ignorant, stupid, and dumb. NU has a stadium that holds 90,000 people. Name one other school, with a stadium this big, that plays on Friday nights, at home? I’ll wait. Even with its struggles, NU is still the 8th winningest program all time, and still holds serious cache.

This is inconvenient for the fans, but I'm sure the university wants to do it because the game will basically get the national stage on that Friday (as opposed to being one of several dozen games on Saturday that gets ignored by everyone but the fans of the teams playing).

According to an article I read, 12 of the teams in the 18-team Big Ten will be playing on a Friday. These teams include Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA. In fact, I believe that UCLA is playing on a Friday twice. So the fact that Nebraska is scheduled to play on a Friday shouldn't be viewed as some sort of slight.
National stage? On a Friday night, with few watching? Just lol man.

:Facepalm:

I was chatting with a friend that grew up in Illinois about the game. We might take the day off from work and drive up for it. Especially if it is for the 400th sellout.

Tickets for that game shouldn’t be outrageous. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You don’t get the prime spots generally, unless you win, a lot. Moving games to a Friday night is ignorant, stupid, and dumb. NU has a stadium that holds 90,000 people. Name one other school, with a stadium this big, that plays on Friday nights, at home? I’ll wait. Even with its struggles, NU is still the 8th winningest program all time, and still holds serious cache.
I love this program just as much as everyone else but that comment of 90k on Friday nights and you'll wait?

Well Nebraska is about to do it and do it big. You watch. We can be the 8th winningest program but..... we for real don't earn the right to take night games away from OSU, PSU, Mich, or quite frankly any big 10 team.
Not yet

Never thought I’d live long enough to see NU play a home confrence game on a Friday that wasn’t thanksgiving. Bad idea. People travel from all over to get there. I hate this. If it was in champaign, Illinois, I’d have zero issue. Can’t believe the AD ok’d this nonsense. Strike one IMO.
May be the most uninformed post I have read in a while. Do you think we had a choice? If you do we are not paying attention.

9/20 - ILL @ NEB, 8PM
9/27 - WASH @ RUT, 8PM
10/4 - MSU @ ORE, 9PM
10/11 - NW @ MARY, 8PM
10/18 - ORE @ PUR, 8PM
10/25 - RUT @ USC, 11PM
9/20 - ILL @ NEB, 8PM
9/27 - WASH @ RUT, 8PM
10/4 - MSU @ ORE, 9PM
10/11 - NW @ MARY, 8PM
10/18 - ORE @ PUR, 8PM
10/25 - RUT @ USC, 11PM