• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskrNew

Recruit
5 Year Member
My bride and I specifically set our wedding date for Friday, September 20th, because Nebraska would not be playing. I guess I know what we're going to be doing that evening.

Interestingly, the same thing happened to my sister. They scheduled for a day when Nebraska would not be playing, but the game got moved. That was the game we lost to Iowa State, 34-27. We were able to watch it because it felt exactly between the wedding and the reception. Put a real kibosh on the evening.

Last edited:

My bride and I specifically set our wedding date for Friday, September 20th, because Nebraska would not be playing. I guess I know what we're going to be doing that evening.

Interestingly, the same thing happened to my sister. They scheduled for a day when Nebraska would not be playing, but the game got moved. That was the game we lost to Iowa State, 34-27. We were able to watch it because it felt exactly between the wedding and the reception. Put a real kibosh on the evening.
Different Outcome this time around!!

I’m also going to guess, this isn’t going to sit well with many folks. Friday home games are for bottom of the barrel type teams. And yes, I know NU has sucked for a while, but they’ve still got some cache. This really sucks. Poorly thought out, unless NU was forced, which I don’t think they were. Is there not anyone in the athletic department that can clue in the new A.D. on how things kind of roll around there? I just don’t get this. Nebraska isn’t Maryland, or Illinois, or Northwestern, or Iowa. I think this is kind of BS.

Last edited:

Congratulations!! The game schedule is a drag but I’m sure you’ll be able to figure it out. ;)

I’m also going to guess, this isn’t going to sit well with many folks. Friday home games are for bottom of the barrel type teams. And yes, I know NU has sucked for a while, but they’ve still got some cache. This really sucks. Poorly thought out, unless NU was forced, which I don’t think they were. Is there not anyone in the athletic department that can clue in the new A.D. on how things kind of roll around there? I just don’t get this. Nebraska isn’t Maryland, or Illinois, or Northwestern, or Iowa. I think this is kind of BS.
National TV.
Basically stand alone.

I’m still kinda shocked. I had to reread it twice to make sure I saw it right. These are the types of decisions that makes me wonder about the intelligence of the administration.

If NU had a choice and agreed to this, I think it's a really bad decision. Black Friday makes sense and works because it is a quasi holiday. Other Fridays, not so much.

Tough deal for fans who don't live in Lincoln, fans who have to take off work, businesses who will lose productivity, anyone driving on I-80, high school football teams, etc. Also bad for recruiting, with likely no official visits possible.

You don't see Michigan, Ohio St, or Penn St doing this. I get that NU has struggled on the field, but we still act and operate like a blueblood. Hosting games on Friday night should be left to programs like Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers, and NW. For lack of a better term, this feels Bush League. Or like something Eichhorst would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back