• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon Benning wields a lot of power.

76d8637a-9631-497c-972f-093da266b45f_text.gif

Like I mentioned, I'm considering let my tickets go un-used. However, like Dannen and Nebraska playing on Friday, my principals can be bought for "a big check".
ou do realize it still counts as a sellout even if you do not show. Heck even of no one shows.

Personally, I prefer to not have college games on Friday nights. Historically, Friday nights have been reserved for high school football. And high school football is the future of all college football. So it is kind of the college biting the hand that feeds the future. I have known of season ticket holders who, if they had to make the choice between their local high school team and Nebraska, there would be fewer butts in seats at Memorial Stadium.

But with big money taking control of college athletics, this move to Friday night CFB was inevitable. And the fact is, Nebraska had no say in the situation, except "Thank You" for the really big check, and keep those checks coming.

No one really knows how this will really work out. Maybe it will just be a grand experiment that fails miserably, or succeeds so well that no one will ever question it again. And maybe the NFL will start playing more games on Saturday. I would love to see that network competition (I'm betting CFB would win that battle).

For those of you who like the change, enjoy. For as long as it lasts.

There have been Friday night college games for quite awhile…usually scrub teams but NU has played several on the road. The Big 10 network has carried Fri night games. These Fox games look more like the ABC Sat prime slot—better games and schools. Broadcast networks are paying bank to get rights to more sports—traditional TV content has been dying. ESPN still has Thursday games—-I like 3 days of college football!

I've always wondered how many people are out there are like me and have a hard time turning the channel when there's a football game on.

Granted, some teams I'd immediately flip the channel to keep my lunch or dinner down, but I'll still find it hard to turn the channel when I'm on the road, in a hotel room, turn the TV on and there's a game on. Half the time I don't know if it's live, a replay from last week, last month or last year, but it ends up being background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back