• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. So go to the high school game if that's a conflict for you.
I think there will be a lot of us that do go to the high school games. I enjoy days in Memorial Stadium making memories with my kids and Memorial Stadium has always been family friendly. However, like most parents, when my kids are on the field, I'm in the stands.

Omaha/Lincoln is likely a majority of the fan base, but there is a significant family fan base 200-250 miles out. I think people are underestimating willingness or lack of choice to make the Friday game. My view is biased as a season ticket holder with a HS football player.

Dude, most aren’t watching Friday night college football. They are out doing other things. That game will be lucky to have 1.3 m viewers. Sure, you and I will watch it, but we have a serious interest. Even college football fans from afar aren’t planning their Friday nights around a lackluster college football game. Saturday is the day. I stand by it, it’s a night for small fry teams, unless it’s a Holliday. It’s stupid, dumb and ignorant.
Or week 1 of the nfl season.

WOW some of you people

I got 5 people who are hawkeye fans that have now said they'd come with me and rock GBR to this game.
It's on national television on Friday night.
Like I mentioned, I'm considering let my tickets go un-used. However, like Dannen and Nebraska playing on Friday, my principals can be bought for "a big check".

I think there will be a lot of us that do go to the high school games. I enjoy days in Memorial Stadium making memories with my kids and Memorial Stadium has always been family friendly. However, like most parents, when my kids are on the field, I'm in the stands.

Omaha/Lincoln is likely a majority of the fan base, but there is a significant family fan base 200-250 miles out. I think people are underestimating willingness or lack of choice to make the Friday game. My view is biased as a season ticket holder with a HS football player.
No there won't

Whether we like it or not, this is the new normal. It's not so much how many are in the stands but how many eyeballs on the screens, TV, phones, pads, etc.

How often is four of our Big opponents going to have their homecoming the Saturday we play them? Maybe a Haleys comet chance again.
So it still comes down to fans and wins. Teams will play us on a required Friday game so they get our fan revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back