• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love this program just as much as everyone else but that comment of 90k on Friday nights and you'll wait?

Well Nebraska is about to do it and do it big. You watch. We can be the 8th winningest program but..... we for real don't earn the right to take night games away from OSU, PSU, Mich, or quite frankly any big 10 team.
Not yet
We earned the right many years ago.

From what I read this is sellout game 400 so they are going to make it a big deal, probably why the move.
I don't think so, I think it was purely a timing thing. USC and a few others play on Friday's as well. No OSU or UM though.

I am going to disagree with you this time my friend.
As has been said, many small town teams are a big deal. Something has to give. I get it.
Then maybe the drive and prep time to stadium, early work release. Get that too.
Now this being the 400th sellout game, its a hot ticket even for those who can't always get a good ticket, it does them no favors either.

It does highlight teams for exclusive games getting exposure where you may not get it on a Saturday in other areas where local teams are competing on TV time.
But the negatives are there. My understanding is only mich and osu are hardly ever playing on a Friday, yet they do.
Its a money game, play the big draws on Saturday. We are close to that draw, and likely will get there as well once again. But we are owed nothing we can't earn.

Last edited:

As has been said, many small town teams are a big deal. Something has to give. I get it.
Then maybe the drive and prep time to stadium, early work release. Get that too.
Now this being the 400th sellout game, its a hot ticket even for those who can't always get a good ticket, it does them no favors either.

It does highlight teams for exclusive games getting exposure where you may not get it on a Saturday in other areas where local teams are competing on TV time.
But the negatives are there. My understanding is only mich and osu are hardly ever playing on a Friday, yet they do.
Its a money game, play the big draws on Saturday. We are close to that draw, and likely will get there as well once again. But we are owed nothing we can't earn.
Ralistically. If Nebraska High Schools wanted to. They could easily move games that week to Saturday. Other states have Saturday HS games all the time. Would probably be an easy sell as long as it is just that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back