• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVR'd Nebraska's last game vs. Illinois and watched parts of it later, will do the same with this one. I get Nebraska may not have had a choice, I get it, doesn't mean I have to like it. I have other priorities, college football has been dropping on that list the last couple of years.

That's great but what does that have to do with fans griping one way or another
I just think it's funny how shook up people get over a game that starts at 11 am or a game is going to be on a Friday night.

I can't wait till we're good enough to make the 12 team playoff and people find out we're going to be on TNT, and they have to scramble to find how to get that.

They have played a few Thursday and Friday games over the years including Wyoming in Columbus on a Thursday Night in 1997
You have a good memory!

I don't dislike Thursday night games (if coming off a bye) as much as I dislike Friday night games. In either case, I would prefer those be on the road if NU is involved. The possible exceptions during the regular season are opening week (heading into Labor Day) and Black Friday.

The only Thurs/Friday midseason game I remember NU hosting was vs Rice in a rescheduled 9/11 game. I think there is a reason why NU hasn't been anxious to do it again since that unique circumstance more than 20 years ago.

I really really don't understand why it's that big of a deal
It's a first world problem to be sure, but there is a reason why it hasn't happened previously.

When Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, Texas, Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, and Georgia start hosting midseason Friday night games, maybe it will seem like a better idea.

And the 6 who are not playing?

The 4 PAC12 teams, in my mind don’t quite count … different culture on west coast and they are the newbies, there should be some “entrance fees” to the conference.

That leaves 6 of the 14, nearly half the B1G isn’t playing on a Friday.

“All-for-one-and-one-for-all” except when I don’t want the rules to apply to me. Screw Michigan, Wisconsin, PSU, and tOSU.
This year. That is the key. This year.

Never thought I’d live long enough to see NU play a home confrence game on a Friday that wasn’t thanksgiving. Bad idea. People travel from all over to get there. I hate this. If it was in champaign, Illinois, I’d have zero issue. Can’t believe the AD ok’d this nonsense. Strike one IMO.
Completely agree with all this. I really hate this! Btw, this is the game I will be going to this year.

Last edited:

Fine, so play HOME GAMES on Saturdays. 11, or 2:30, is way better than Friday night. And yes, Nebraska fans will make it a spectacle, and 1.1 m viewers will watch, if that, nationally. They’ll all be watching HS football, and partying their nuts off. That’s what Fridays are for, not NU home games.
Do you really think fans at HS games won't be watching on their phones? What is this e 1930s? At my grandsons youth games I sit in the stands and I watch the Huskers on my phone. It's not rocket science.

Fine, so play HOME GAMES on Saturdays. 11, or 2:30, is way better than Friday night. And yes, Nebraska fans will make it a spectacle, and 1.1 m viewers will watch, if that, nationally. They’ll all be watching HS football, and partying their nuts off. That’s what Fridays are for, not NU home games.
Read the Big by laws. It's impossible for us to play all home games on Saturday this year.

I've said it twice. One more time, if people don't get it...
The Bigs rules allow for all homecoming games, that those teams make the call on when they play.
We have four opponents who we play on their homecoming, all of course on Saturdays. We are required to play one Friday game this year, which works even if you play at an opponents field.
With those games being homecoming none of our away games will be on Friday, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back