• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday Night Lights II (6/22/18)

Your still not keeping your word:

Your forcing my hand unless you can give me a reason why you are not keeping your word?

RR
I’ll stop because I like the premise of the thread. Probably shouldn’t go down that road. That’s my bad. We’ll know soon enough if he gets an offer.

I’ll stop because I like the premise of the thread. Probably shouldn’t go down that road. That’s my bad. We’ll know soon enough if he gets an offer.

Your good. Yeah will be interesting. As you know the kid is who lets the Recruiting Services know if he has an offer or not (once in a while kids will pad their 'resume'. In private coaches will deny the offer). I would assume he did not leave Lincoln with one. Does not mean it may not come. Yeah we should know soon.

For the record 247 shows him with no offers from any school as of this evening.

Coming out of high school he had a boatload of offers in the 2018 class.

Last edited:
I may get jumped on for this...I've watched the clip a few times and didn't really see a big issue. Yes he threw him down, yeah his hand was on his throat...after reviewing it I think the way they were playing, his hand just ended up there kinda like a non personal foul facemask. Definitely not a "choke" hold, the drill didn't last long enough for that. He's there trying to show that he physical, the other kid didn't do anything because he knew he was in a battle...or drill. :Sign2cents:

I may get jumped on for this...I've watched the clip a few times and didn't really see a big issue. Yes he threw him down, yeah his hand was on his throat...after reviewing it I think the way they were playing, his hand just ended up there kinda like a non personal foul facemask. Definitely not a "choke" hold, the drill didn't last long enough for that. He's there trying to show that he physical, the other kid didn't do anything because he knew he was in a battle...or drill. :Sign2cents:
The only issue with it is it's a non-football play that would get flagged twice. If the kid is good enough for an offer, great. But wanting an offer to the kid based on that highlight is ridiculous. If that would have happened in a setting where kids weren't trying to impress the coaches, a fight would have happened, as it did in practice many times for lesser things than that. I have more of an issue with the original person who posted it on twitter thinking it's something to praise. Which brings me back to my whole argument that we have a ton of media guys telling us what's going on with our program that don't really know anything.

The only issue with it is it's a non-football play that would get flagged twice. If the kid is good enough for an offer, great. But wanting an offer to the kid based on that highlight is ridiculous. If that would have happened in a setting where kids weren't trying to impress the coaches, a fight would have happened, as it did in practice many times for lesser things than that. I have more of an issue with the original person who posted it on twitter thinking it's something to praise. Which brings me back to my whole argument that we have a ton of media guys telling us what's going on with our program that don't really know anything.
I have no issue with anything you say here. The guy who posted it originally was def looking for clicks.

I see a lot are judging based on the video without context - and that's a no no from what I understand when I see a black kid getting gunned down by police when he has his hands in the air and am critical. For all you know, the kid he manhandles was talking smack or took a cheap shot earlier in the camp. Or this kid really is an buttwipe. I really don't know, but neither do most of you. I didn't like it, but don't know the circumstances, so not going to get to excited.

Bottom line is what that kid did at the camp is not cool and anyone defending it as such I feel sad for.

Not defending the play, but defending Ferguson possibly a future Husker from multiple threats from fans and former players. Big difference. Feel sad for me all you want. GBR

Last edited:

I see a lot are judging based on the video without context - and that's a no no from what I understand when I see a black kid getting gunned down by police when he has his hands in the air and am critical. For all you know, the kid he manhandles was talking smack or took a cheap shot earlier in the camp. Or this kid really is an buttwipe. I really don't know, but neither do most of you. I didn't like it, but don't know the circumstances, so not going to get to excited.

Seriously?? Not relevant for this discussion at all.

You seem to have gotten awfully excited. What a silly post.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back