• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday Night Lights II (6/22/18)

Serious question. Is anyone asking why the other kid did nothing? To me that says as much about him. Let another guy push him around and did nothing.
Fairly certain the other kid is an unranked kid who won’t play D1, so I don’t care about his reaction. Maybe he’s embarrassed. Maybe he’d like to show out for smaller schools. I don’t know. What I do know is the 3* athlete made a bush league move. That’s not the other kids fault. It’s not Jay Foreman’s fault. It’s not my fault. While we tout accountability in the new system, I’m really more impressed by what current and former players think about it.

And that’s all that needs to be said. Current and former players are calling it out. That’s all I need. Tough guy fans who blow stuff off when actual players take issue tend to bore me.
Wouldn’t the “tough guy fans” be the ones saying they’d beat his ass and break his jaw? I was taught in between those lines, you have to be to a different a person. For crying out loud folks, it’s a physical sport. I mentioned earlier that Suh has done far worse antics AFTER the play yet I doubt many husker fans take problem with that. However since this prospect threw down some Nebraska kid, he isn’t worth of a scholie and POS because of one drill. This type of stuff happens all the time at football practices, just go watch Hard Knocks. People need to calm down.

Wouldn’t the “tough guy fans” be the ones saying they’d beat his ass and break his jaw? I was taught in between those lines, you have to be to a different a person. For crying out loud folks, it’s a physical sport. I mentioned earlier that Suh has done far worse antics AFTER the play yet I doubt many husker fans take problem with that. However since this prospect threw down some Nebraska kid, he isn’t worth of a scholie and POS because of one drill. This type of stuff happens all the time at football practices, just go watch Hard Knocks. People need to calm down.
You are so off base in so many aspects of this. Jay Foreman and *** aren’t “fans” like you and me. Neither are the current players.

Suh is irrelevant and I don’t know who the offensive player was who was cheap shotted. Also, I never said he wasn’t worth a scholarship nor did I call him a POS. This deal where you build straw men to knock them down is tiresome. Finally, I’ll care about hard knocks when NU does it.

I’m sorry I posted Foreman’s response, but this should end this portion of the thread. From a UA Bowl selector:

If I see a DB who feels the need to put a WR in a choke hold in that drill it tells me he doesn't have enough confidence in his own skills to actually cover anyone. There is a huge difference between physicality and douchebaggery, I don't think anyone is surprised you are defending him.

I never played for a coach who taught us or told us to hurt opponents. Never. Saw a dust up on a very rare occasion in practice. It was quickly shutdown by the coaches and we were reminded you do play like that especially with a teammate.

In baseball, as a second basemen, I had a guy or two that tried to hurt me and they paid the price next time they came my way. You want to play that way or show no respect to me you are going to get butt handed to you. Not to hard to figure out what a second basemen can do to retaliate. Never happened again once once I demanded that respect.

Bottom line is what that kid did at the camp is not cool and anyone defending it as such I feel sad for. He may be worthy a scholarship that is up to the coaches but I can damn well guarantee you that he will be told from day one that sort of stuff will not be allowed nor should it.

I am all for aggression and toughness on the field. I played that way myself but there is no place for that sort of thing. None.

Last edited:
All the outrage is a bit of over blown. Henderson was busting his ass to make an impression as a tough corner to the coaches. Sure the play was dirty and uneccesary, however it’s a little much when everyone is saying they’d beat his ass. If this was in game and Henderson threw down a Hawkeye WR, every husker fan would love it. This type of stuff happens all the time at football practices. Boys will be boys. If Henderson is worthy of a scholie, I hope this video doesn’t deter that.

Yep. Husker nation would love that flag on 3rd and 5 in the fourth quarter up by 3 with Iowa driving.

You are so off base in so many aspects of this. Jay Foreman and *** aren’t “fans” like you and me. Neither are the current players.

Suh is irrelevant and I don’t know who the offensive player was who was cheap shotted. Also, I never said he wasn’t worth a scholarship nor did I call him a POS. This deal where you build straw men to knock them down is tiresome. Finally, I’ll care about hard knocks when NU does it.

In reference to what is in bold, I'm more so calling out the general public's reaction. One clip and people are ready to jump at his neck. I wish there was more videos of him doing 1 on 1 drills so we could gather a more accurate judgement. I think Ferguson went too far and I'm sure he regrets playing like that himself, but I'm not going to let that clip define my opinion on him. In addition, I'm sure one of the coaches let him know of his mistake. With all that being said, this clip does show some dog in him and that is sorely needed at the corner position currently.

Alabama did an all access with ESPN, hopefully Nebraska can do the same one day.

Yep. Husker nation would love that flag on 3rd and 5 in the fourth quarter up by 3 with Iowa driving.

Your scenario reminds me of this play.

In reference to what is in bold, I'm more so calling out the general public's reaction. One clip and people are ready to jump at his neck. I wish there was more videos of him doing 1 on 1 drills so we could gather a more accurate judgement. I think Ferguson went too far and I'm sure he regrets playing like that himself, but I'm not going to let that clip define my opinion on him. In addition, I'm sure one of the coaches let him know of his mistake. With all that being said, this clip does show some dog in him and that is sorely needed at the corner position currently.

Alabama did an all access with ESPN, hopefully Nebraska can do the same one day.

Your still not keeping your word:

HoustonHusker said:
I’ll shut up in this thread

Your forcing my hand unless you can give me a reason why you are not keeping your word?

RR

Your posts make me think of this play:

He got smoked on more than one occasion, so you can wish for more drills all you want. I’m not letting that clip define my opinion. If SF saw enough to offer, great, I’ll support it. But that doesn’t make that BS play any better. Ever. In any scenario. I can find “dog” in any number of people; dirty doesn’t show any of that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back