• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday Night Lights II (6/22/18)

I see a lot are judging based on the video without context - and that's a no no from what I understand when I see a black kid getting gunned down by police when he has his hands in the air and am critical. For all you know, the kid he manhandles was talking smack or took a cheap shot earlier in the camp. Or this kid really is an buttwipe. I really don't know, but neither do most of you. I didn't like it, but don't know the circumstances, so not going to get to excited.
Had kids at the camp....that same kid he choke slammed burned him right before that and right after it. The kid getting choke slammed is returning LJS all-state receiver who also was one who challenged Bookie last year and was locked down. There's some context.

I see a lot are judging based on the video without context - and that's a no no from what I understand when I see a black kid getting gunned down by police when he has his hands in the air and am critical. For all you know, the kid he manhandles was talking smack or took a cheap shot earlier in the camp. Or this kid really is an buttwipe. I really don't know, but neither do most of you. I didn't like it, but don't know the circumstances, so not going to get to excited.
We are comparing this to a black kid getting gunned down by police? Jesus.

Seems like this thread got way off course. Seems to be a slap fight between a mod and a poster who can’t get out of his own way. That being said it was a cheap shot and not a football play. Saying you would break his jaw would get some people put on vacation. I appreciate all the info *** gives but a few posters and a couple moderators run everything that is discussed. Different rules for different people. This is why I won’t renew my membership here. I’m not the only person I know who feels this way. I come here for fun and info not to see who has the biggest sword.

Fairly certain the other kid is an unranked kid who won’t play D1, so I don’t care about his reaction. Maybe he’s embarrassed. Maybe he’d like to show out for smaller schools. I don’t know. What I do know is the 3* athlete made a bush league move. That’s not the other kids fault. It’s not Jay Foreman’s fault. It’s not my fault. While we tout accountability in the new system, I’m really more impressed by what current and former players think about it.
I don't know if anyone has chimmed in but the kid getting choked slammed was a returning LJS all state receiver who had burnt him previously and right after......good kid

Your still not keeping your word

RR
giphy.gif

I’m trying to add some insightful posts, I believed I’m entitled to that. Whether they’re liked or not. I will not break any rules though.

Now on another topic, has Alexander been offered? I fear that he may end up at Texas State University, a school I’m currently enrolled at. Maybe I can remind Alexander that Texas State was ranked 128/129 of D1 schools. We suck. Great tailgate athompshere though. Either way win-win for me. Eat em up Cats and Go Big Red.

Seems like this thread got way off course. Seems to be a slap fight between a mod and a poster who can’t get out of his own way. That being said it was a cheap shot and not a football play. Saying you would break his jaw would get some people put on vacation. I appreciate all the info *** gives but a few posters and a couple moderators run everything that is discussed. Different rules for different people. This is why I won’t renew my membership here. I’m not the only person I know who feels this way. I come here for fun and info not to see who has the biggest sword.
A - no one would get put on vacation saying that because I wasn't speaking about a poster. I was speaking about if someone did that to me on a football field, a fight would take place. Which is why I didn't get put on vacation.

B - You can always ignore me, or the people who "try to see who has the biggest sword." Makes life much better because you don't even see posts of people that add no value. It has done wonders for me. Feel free to put me on that and your life will get easier.

Last edited:

The jaw break was in reference to the punk move by the DB. It was not directed at a poster, and I believe in context was speaking in hyperbole.
As to the slap fight you referenced.... yeah. that is a thing. Oh, and I carry a very average sword. ;)

A - no one would get put on vacation saying that because I wasn't speaking about a poster. I was speaking about if someone did that to me on a football field, a fight would take place. Which is why I didn't get put on vacation.

B - You can always ignore me, or the people who "try to see who has the biggest sword." Makes life much better because you don't even see posts of people that add no value. It has done wonders for me. Feel free to put me on that and your life will get easier.
You are actually one of the few posters I want to read. Sorry I’m more frustrated with the continuing argument started by one poster. It’s frustrating and it makes it hard to find the good content that you and N2FL post. I understand why red reign is getting on that poster. He never stops posting.

I went back and re-read the jaw break thing. I thought you said you where going to break hiustanhuskers jaw. My fault I should have better reading comprehension.

You are actually one of the few posters I want to read. Sorry I’m more frustrated with the continuing argument started by one poster. It’s frustrating and it makes it hard to find the good content that you and N2FL post. I understand why red reign is getting on that poster. He never stops posting.
giphy.gif

Don't bother. Anyone that posts like that and then says he is taking his dump truck and going home. Not worth responding too. We do not always agree but you are one of the top three posters on the board.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back