• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Terry Joesph to A&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's sad we can't pay to keep a coach on a lateral move. I also read an article that says Michigan State is going to over take us and be the third highest paying program for coaches this coming year, so where do you draw the line?

Despite TJ's "show me the money" remark, I think he was out the door regardless. I agree we have to pay what the market will bear, but I don't think we have to overpay. IMO, for TJ to stay we would have had to "outbid" T A&M not just match the offer.

On Saturday, Joseph told the media that he had not decided on what he would do and that he had told Bo he could return to Lincoln and discuss his future with Bo and SE. He said he was going to meet with Bo and/or SE Sunday afternoon.

Saturday night, while on his way back to Nebraska, he extended an offer on behalf of A&M to a recruit, telling the recruit that he was on his way to Lincoln, but that he would be returning to College Station on Tuesday to sign the contract.

He either knowingly played the media, Nebraska or the recruit or a combination of the three. Neither one looks good for his reputation.

Sounds pretty shady to me.

I think it's sad we can't pay to keep a coach on a lateral move. I also read an article that says Michigan State is going to over take us and be the third highest paying program for coaches this coming year, so where do you draw the line?

True, though it's no surprise that the schools that pay the most are the ones at the top of the rankings. I would hope that we could get more bang for the buck but that leaves us open to other teams stealing assistants. It's an arms race and the salaries will continue to increase.

Has there been any mention about Nebraska's assistants getting raises? I haven't noticed but it may still be in the works.

Sanders would be my prediction if I had to place money on it.

My preference would be Kiffin.

Another name being thrown out there is Ross Watson.

LOL - this place would shut down...

EDIT: My bad thought you meant Lane and now I know you mean Ole Miss Kiffin....

Yep, I should have been more clear.

Chris Kiffin. He had has off-field issues some years back, but if everyone checks out between his trouble then and now, I'd accept him.

Yep, I should have been more clear.

Chris Kiffin. He had has off-field issues some years back, but if everyone checks out between his trouble then and now, I'd accept him.

Agreed...

One thing that is imperative in my mind, is someone that understands what they are getting in to. We disagree on how effective Joseph was on the recruiting trail here, but when he was in the south it was undeniable how good he was. We can not get another Raymond and Joseph who will be shell shocked with how things have to operate around here and what they will need to do to recruit.

A couple names thrown around are definitely aware of what the resources they would have, but they aren't ready....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back