• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Terry Joesph to A&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's get Greg Schiano in here.;)
I'd love for Bo to start screaming at him like he does Pap. Schiano and Bo heated arguments would be must see TV and legendary. His Tampa secondary knocked Wr's out on a fairly regular basis. Although not sure who to credit that to. He'd bring attitude to the defense thats for sure.

Last edited:
Let's get Greg Schiano in here.;)
I'd love for Bo to start screaming at him like he does Pap. Schiano and Bo heated arguments would be must see TV and legendary. His Tampa secondary knocked Wr's out on a fairly regular basis. Although not sure who to credit that to. He'd bring attitude to the defense thats for sure.

...per N2FL his secondary coach is on the market.

:drool:

...per N2FL his secondary coach is on the market.

:drool:

Jeff Hafley would be a GREAT hire IMPO. Besides being an excellent coach, he was considered one of the best recruiters in the Big East with Pitt and Rutgers (both B1G recruiting areas) and was known to be especially strong in the New Jersey area.

Pelini has a history of hiring guys he has worked with before, so Hafley is out. Too bad he couldnt take a page from Kevin Sumlin and identify someone who is elite at his position to fill a need on the staff...

Big Red Wrap Up crew all liked Sanders as the guy.

Personally, I would have no problem with that. I've heard the rumors and I recognize that humans make mistakes. If Bo and SE think he's made amends and is a sufficient hire, then I would support their decision.

Sanders would be a great addition.....if he has cleaned up his act.....and if Bo and the administration are fully on board with his hire.

Last edited:

The only thing that I like about Sanders is that he would stand up to Bo. What would he have to lose, he already understands the system, and can teach DBs.

Highly unlikely that Sanders will show up in Memorial Stadium. Personally, I think he would be a good hire, but he brings too much baggage and controversy. Bo does not need more controversy or baggage. There would be complications, related to other supposed indiscretions of Sanders, that have been previously rumored. If the rumors were or were not true, it would still create a cloud over the program. And, none of us need a cloud. Although, it would make good fodder for boards and forums. Just saying......................

Highly unlikely that Sanders will show up in Memorial Stadium. Personally, I think he would be a good hire, but he brings too much baggage and controversy. Bo does not need more controversy or baggage. There would be complications, related to other supposed indiscretions of Sanders, that have been previously rumored. If the rumors were or were not true, it would still create a cloud over the program. And, none of us need a cloud. Although, it would make good fodder for boards and forums. Just saying......................

The thing in sanders favor is that nothing was made public. The rumors are basically known by message board guy, the general public I'm not so sure. And is what he did really that terrible? I mean who hasn't gone to Vegas, picked up a hooker, killed her and then buried her in the desert?;)

The only thing that I like about Sanders is that he would stand up to Bo. What would he have to lose, he already understands the system, and can teach DBs.

Ya know, special teams is in dire straights, we need a new coach there, let Bo craft the DB's

Jeff Hafley would be a GREAT hire IMPO. Besides being an excellent coach, he was considered one of the best recruiters in the Big East with Pitt and Rutgers (both B1G recruiting areas) and was known to be especially strong in the New Jersey area.

Pelini has a history of hiring guys he has worked with before, so Hafley is out. Too bad he couldnt take a page from Kevin Sumlin and identify someone who is elite at his position to fill a need on the staff...

Wait, did Bo hire someone?

or are you just criticizing him in advance?

the arrogance of some "experts" around here...

Not all of Bo's hires have been guys he's coached with. Beck, Kaczenski, Els, and Fisher never coached with Bo before being hired. While I'm sure that your guy, Hafley would be great, do you have any information that indicates he would be philosophically compatible with Bo? Might be best if you hire a guy with a similar defensive philosophy. While it is always good to bring new ideas into a program, it may not be good to bring in ideas that conflict greatly. Another factor is that a veteran coach may object to the idea of working under Papuchis, considering his youth and relative inexperience. If you bring some veteran coach in, he may need to become co-defensive coordinator, which come to think of it, might actually not be a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back