• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Terry Joesph to A&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Bullocks name is being mentioned.....DB coach at Northern Iowa now.....

http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205562885

THAT is a name that makes sense from several angles. Not a 1st choice in my book, based solely on experience/recruiting on first ponder, but he fills several criteria.

we need a guy that can teach bo's system THIS year to a bunch of new guys that will need to play. Obviously it has evolved since bullocks played for Bo, but there is definitely a strong common foundation. He's from the south, young, African-American, Husker standout...all good things for this hire.

Last edited:

On top of HC, you really think he should coach two positions?

I think it could be done. Rarely, do assistant coaches spend their entire careers coaching one position. Bringing in Kiffin, if any guidance was needed to move him over to DB coach, I don't see why Bo Pelini couldn't spend a lot of time being the one to help the transition.

Head Coaches double as OC/DC quite frequently. Jimbo Fisher is doing it right now on ESPN.

Last edited:
I know I am on the **** list with some as of my last reply, and will not go into it, I for one have always been a big supporter of this team.
I Will not be shocked if a former Husker coach returns...That's all.

Oh boy. Bo as HC/DB

Think of the TWOS possibilities, with Bo yelling at Papuchis because the D is soft...and Papuchis yelling at Bo because the DBs are getting burned.

Seriously, Bo needs a DB coach. He does not need to be both.

I don't get why Ganz is so hard to let go of. Let him go make some some money and climb the coaching ladder. Different schools, schemes, coaches, all expand the experience and will make him a better coach.

Interesting. I think most of us understand you have inside knowledge and one inaccurate prediction does not wipe out your credibility.

I know I am on the **** list with some as of my last reply, and will not go into it, I for one have always been a big supporter of this team.

Why not keep Ganz and have him be QB coach and BP can work with the DB's?

Because Joe Ganz has 3 years experience as a graduate assistant. He's never been recruiting and he's completely inbred as far as his coaching experience is concerned.

A coach at Nebraska is someone with several years of coaching experience, one with a proven recruiting background (connections ...) and one who different perspective than just DONU.

RKIII is a suitable and reasonable replacement for JG and will do just fine as his replacement.

Dumb idea to put JG on staff at this time!

Not an ass kiss here, but you're on my A list. Does the new coach rhyme with either Blanders or Miffen ?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back