• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Why would he say no?"

I'd think the competitor in him says I can win at NU. I did it. I won a national championship. No reason we can't do it again.

NU is where they are because of some sad ass leadership. Poor decisions, and maybe a confrence change, effecting long standing comfort. It just needs some smart leadership to get it back on track. I'd think Scott would feel confident in his ability to do just that. Helps tha Osborne is still alive.

Last edited:

Above post is inaccurate. The opposite is true.

On good authority, Frost has a "Home by 5 rule" (obviously not implying Frost or his coaches are at home at 5 during the season), but the culture is there.
That simply won't work and achieve great success at Nebraska or any P5 school. Perhaps he should go elsewhere, if your rumor is accurate.

But SF has also stated that he feels a strong commitment to UCF and that it is where he wants to be (see post #34). I have no idea what he will do, but if I had to bet, I think there is less than a 10% chance he will leave UCF. I say that because I think SF values his integrity more than big bucks.
LOL, again with the "integrity" stuff. This is going to be fun watching the reaction of the posters that are deifying SF as he deserts the UCF team.

I certainly hope Frost pays attention to Huskermax, all of his thoughts, motivations and aspirations are clearly laid out for him in these threads. Really no more need for him to think on his own.

My opinion on that is that he saw the writing on the wall with his players getting into trouble and talent drop-off, got out while there was still luster on the program and used 'health' as an excuse.

He certainly may have been experiencing some problems; but, it sure didn't take him long to reappear on the scene.
Ridiculous.

I certainly hope Frost pays attention to Huskermax, all of his thoughts, motivations and aspirations are clearly laid out for him in these threads. Really no more need for him to think on his own.
Well, there is probably not one thing that hasn't been mentioned, so I'm sure someone got it right. :thumbsup:

That's the question I got from an FSU fan I work with today regarding Scott Frost's potential employment by the University of Nebraska. "Why?"

Like most competitive people, Frost is driven. He wants to win. He wants to improve himself, his family's position in life and be the best at what he does. I get it. I was it. Different business, but similar choice.

Why would he say no?

I have to step back twenty years when I had an opportunity to step into the 'big time' in my business. I owned and operated my own business. Was successful in that my family didn't want or need anything I couldn't provide. I enjoyed what I did, had many repeat clients and was able to spend time with my wife and kids. I had hobbies I enjoyed on occasion. Then came an offer from a large, multi billion dollar firm to take a step up in every single way as it relates to what I do. More money, bigger, more complex projects, bigger bonuses, etc. The position included travel, but as an Air Force brat, that didn't concern me in the least. I will tell people who ask to this day that I struggled with the decision, but that's BS. I knew I what I wanted to do the minute the offer was in my hand. I talked to the wife and as is typical for my wife she said 'Whatever you think is best, I'll support'. Sealed the deal. Had I chosen to decline the offer, kept my company and just kept doing what I'd done for more than a decade, I'd not have missed my kids growing up. I wouldn't have spent months at a time away from my wife, my parents, my siblings. I got what I agreed to, that's for sure. I built some great buildings and worked on some very difficult projects that checked all the boxes I'd secretly longed for. I guess you could say I reached the pinnacle of what I do for a living, but at what cost? Family pictures for years that don't include me. Two decades of life lived in a temporary condition. New cities living in apartments, hotels, trips home when they could be fit in. I left a perfectly acceptable and comfortable life for more...and I made a mistake. If I could hit the reset button and go back twenty years, I'd say 'Thanks for the offer, but no.'

Like I said, different business, but there is more to life than just reaching the top. Frost is a smart man and now he's a dad as well. I'm guessing he'll be looking at all of it a little harder than most of us think. There are reasons beyond UCF's status in the football world to say no. I can think of a few I should have thought more about back in the day.
Admitting the internal struggles/challenges/consequences that each decision can have on ones life is not east to do. Thanks for sharing yours.

As you know, D1 athletes, especially successful D1 athletes have a hyper competitive gene in their DNA that usually carries beyond their playing days and into their careers. Being a successful athlete/successful husband/successful father is tough to pull off...very few can...but if anyone can, I'd lay my money on a guy like SF if he's willing to try.

Last edited:

Good post and great perspective. Thanks for sharing.

There is a flip side to this however. When you turn down what you really want for the sake of family (or whatever), it haunts you for the rest of your life because you always wonder what could have been. It's an itch you can't scratch. You'll never know because you didn't try.
Yep, this too...

My opinion on that is that he saw the writing on the wall with his players getting into trouble and talent drop-off, got out while there was still luster on the program and used 'health' as an excuse.

He certainly may have been experiencing some problems; but, it sure didn't take him long to reappear on the scene.
Yeah, ole Urban had a miraculous recovery......a tool........but a good coach

Agree. That Lars Anderson tweet put Frost in a real bad spot because for some reason people took that one more serious than other tweets of the exact same nature.
I hope he makes the decision we all hope for. It sure would be a lot of fun. If not, I hope the fandom respects his choice. That he (and Moos) don’t see any backlash.

Above post is inaccurate. The opposite is true.

On good authority, Frost has a "Home by 5 rule" (obviously not implying Frost or his coaches are at home at 5 during the season), but the culture is there.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that before. I can't envision that working well in football at any level, much less a major (or want to be major again) P5 school. Kudos to him if he can make it work. I remember Spurrier had a similar policy....for himself, but the assistants did much of the off hour heavy lifting.

Admitting the internal struggles/challenges/consequences that each decision can have on ones life is not east to do. Thanks for sharing yours.

As you know, D1 athletes, especially successful D1 athletes have a hyper competitive gene in their DNA that usually carries beyond their playing days and into their careers. Being a successful athlete/successful husband/successful father is tough to pull off...very few can...but if anyone can, I'd lay my money on a guy like SF if he's willing to try.

I don't disagree. He seems very well centered and driven. Not an easy thing to balance.

I hope he makes the decision we all hope for. It sure would be a lot of fun. If not, I hope the fandom respects his choice. That he (and Moos) don’t see any backlash.
Probably a given, many will see it as spurned, provided he is offered the position. If he's not, Moos will hear about it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back