• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Why would he say no?"

I'd think the competitor in him says I can win at NU. I did it. I won a national championship. No reason we can't do it again.

NU is where they are because of some sad ass leadership. Poor decisions, and maybe a confrence change, effecting long standing comfort. It just needs some smart leadership to get it back on track. I'd think Scott would feel confident in his ability to do just that. Helps tha Osborne is still alive.
This X 1000. Some challenges in NE, no doubt. But you have enormous resources. And I think he’ll be given WIDE latitude, coming straight from Hank and Ronnie. BS like the Title IX department making last minute decisions on letting a kid back after he followed instructions, academic admin blackballing Juco kids will probably be removed We used to be, and should be like KU in basketball.

This X 1000. Some challenges in NE, no doubt. But you have enormous resources. And I think he’ll be given WIDE latitude, coming straight from Hank and Ronnie. BS like the Title IX department making last minute decisions on letting a kid back after he followed instructions, academic admin blackballing Juco kids will probably be removed We used to be, and should be like KU in basketball.
I like the KU comparison.

If he’s as family oriented as some suggest, then being close to extended family is a huge bonus...not a detriment. His wife being alone without close friends and family seems far less “family friendly” IMO.

Maybe she is closer to her family and friends than he is his? Point is, how one defines family and if making his wife happy and keeping a job that allows him to become a TO type, not follow in the history and foot steps of a TO........he may be in the best place possible.

Also, no one can argue recruiting at UCF is going to be WAY easier than at NU. Especially the better he does there.........he will be home for super practically every night I assure you compared to the traveling he will do at NU.

Either way, I can see a huge advantage to staying right where he is...............even though want I him at NU.

Actually I want Petersen at NU worse......then Frost. After that, I just hope we get someone that takes us where we want.........but don't really have a preference of who it is as long as they can win on the score board and get kids to graduate.

Last edited:
Could be where she discovered her dislike for cold weather.
dr-evil-right.gif

Maybe she is closer to her family and friends than he is his? Point is, how one defines family and if making his wife happy and keeping a job that allows him to become a TO type, not follow in the history and foot steps of a TO........he may be in the best place possible.

Also, no one can argue recruiting at UCF is going to be WAY easier than at NU. Especially the better he does there.........he will be home for super practically every night I assure you compared to the traveling he will do at NU.

Either way, I can see a huge advantage to staying right where he is...............even though want I him at NU.

Actually I want Petersen at NU worse......then Frost. After that, I just hope we get someone that takes us where we want.........but don't really have a preference of who it is as long as they can win on the score board and get kids to graduate.
Lol, at this point you’re having to come up with scenarios to rationalize. She’s not from Florida, why would she have family nearby and not there long enough for some lifelong ties.

And I’ll go one step further, recruiting UCF isn’t some cake walk. UCF is choice behind every P5 Florida school, most every school in the SEC and ACC, the traditional powers in the Big 12, B1G and PAC 12. Heck, even recruiting against USF at this point. If anything he’s limited to the Florida picked overs. Nebraska is still a national program, and a good year or two and recruits will be back. Heck even in these bad years we’re going into Cali and pulling recruits.

ucf over Nebraska is laughable. any coach picking ucf's empty bleachers at a fifth to quarter of the salary is really looking at a retirement scenario. Frost understands you got to make hay while the sun shines. if he turns down the Nebraska job this time doubt the stars line up again

ucf over Nebraska is laughable. any coach picking ucf's empty bleachers at a fifth to quarter of the salary is really looking at a retirement scenario. Frost understands you got to make hay while the sun shines. if he turns down the Nebraska job this time doubt the stars line up again

Life scenarios is what is going to make his and her decision...........not NU being better program or not. It may not be for him.

I agree though, he walks away from this opportunity it would be hard to image him ever coaching at NU. So that is a very possible scenario ;)

Last edited:
Life scenarios is what is going to make his and her decision...........not NU being better program or not. It may not be for him.

I agree though, he walks away from this opportunity it would be hard to image him ever coaching at NU. So that is a very possible scenario ;)

lol. Sorry. This is such a stretch, and antithesis to anyone who has competed and worked at the levels he has. Only way UCF is his choice is if he’s essentially checked out of wanting to compete at the levels he’s used to.

The only thing NU does not have is athletes in its back yard. Everything else, it has either better or equal to anyone else. Stadium, fan support, money, facilities. Let's hope the leadership part is in the process of getting straightened out. Fix that, get a coach that's got some fire in his belly and knows what he is doing, no reason you cannot win here. Ohio State got kids from all over the country in their last class. There are tons of kids who will travel. Win, and they'll come. It's just not gonna happen with terrible leadership and bargain bin, never was coaches. That's an absolute recipe for disaster and that's been shown. Serious people only!!!

lol. Sorry. This is such a stretch, and antithesis to anyone who has competed and worked at the levels he has. Only way UCF is his choice is if he’s essentially checked out of wanting to compete at the levels he’s used to.

lol......sure. That's ripe. I guess using your logic Scott would've never went to Stanford over Nebraska?

So It is good to note that if he doesn't come to Nebraska it's because he has checked out.

Who is stretching now.....?

Last edited:
lol......sure. That's ripe. I guess using your logic Scott would've never went to Stanford over Nebraska?

So It is good to note that if he doesn't come to Nebraska it's because he has checked out.

Because attending Stanford, a D1 in the PAC 10, with a history of academic and athletic success is not a sign of a VERY competitive individual? Willingham was their new coach and lot of buzz at the time.

And, yes...if he chooses to stay at UCF, he doesn’t want to compete at the highest level...or he’s waiting for something even better. I have never heard anyone say they thought his jump to UCF was a lifelong career commitment. Most pundits agree it’s a stepping stone. Just like most assume Kiffin will not retire at USF. Young good coaches don’t aspire to non P5 schools as the pinnacle of their careers.

Because attending Stanford, a D1 in the PAC 10, with a history of academic and athletic success is not a sign of a VERY competitive individual? Willingham was their new coach and lot of buzz at the time.

And, yes...if he chooses to stay at UCF, he doesn’t want to compete at the highest level...or he’s waiting for something even better. I have never heard anyone say they thought his jump to UCF was a lifelong career commitment. Most pundits agree it’s a stepping stone. Just like most assume Kiffin will not retire at USF. Young good coaches don’t aspire to non P5 schools as the pinnacle of their careers.
Maybe 15 years later...think, Bill Walsh.

He chose Stanford because he wanted to play in the NFL and Walsh convinced him he could do that. He wanted to compete at the highest level, and he thought Stanford could better get him there.

Just like most assume Kiffin will not retire at USF. Young good coaches don’t aspire to non P5 schools as the pinnacle of their careers.

Kiffin may well retire at USF; but, he's currently coaching at Florida Atlantic. He could be in line to replace Charlie Strong (former Texas HC) at South Florida someday.

Last edited:

Kiffin may well retire at USF; but, he's currently coaching at Florida Atlantic. He could be in line to replace Charlie Strong (former Texas HC) at South Florida someday.
Lol, Corrected, but point remains...great coaches at the fbs level aspire to P5 programs, if not, they’re not someone we would want anyway.

Side note, there’s stories out there suggesting Kiffin for Tennessee 2.0. Haha, do they have that short of a memory at rocky top?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back