• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Why would he say no?"

Because attending Stanford, a D1 in the PAC 10, with a history of academic and athletic success is not a sign of a VERY competitive individual? Willingham was their new coach and lot of buzz at the time.

And, yes...if he chooses to stay at UCF, he doesn’t want to compete at the highest level...or he’s waiting for something even better. I have never heard anyone say they thought his jump to UCF was a lifelong career commitment. Most pundits agree it’s a stepping stone. Just like most assume Kiffin will not retire at USF. Young good coaches don’t aspire to non P5 schools as the pinnacle of their careers.

Try Bill Walsh and no their football program was not what it is now, not even close.

Last edited:

Try Bill Walsh and no their football program was not what it is now, not even close.
Didn’t say it was, but it was a storied program, with a long history of both academic and athletic success. If anyone thinks he chose Stanford as a way of avoiding competition or high level of demand, they might be nuts.

Didn’t say it was, but it was a storied program, with a long history of both academic and athletic success. If anyone thinks he chose Stanford as a way of avoiding competition or high level of demand, they might be nuts.

...same could be said of him staying at UCF and creating the next Florida power football school.

LOL, again with the "integrity" stuff. This is going to be fun watching the reaction of the posters that are deifying SF as he deserts the UCF team.

Please don't forget that you are the fellow who was saying that all of us would eventually be singing praises for Mike Riley. You also said (pre-season) that NU's running backs were better than Wisconsin's and also tried to tell us that Burrows was tOSU's 2nd string QB, not Haskins.

I disagreed with you on all three issues.

We just witnessed MR getting the axe with a disgusting 4-8 record; At this very moment, Wisconsin's Johnathon Taylor is closing in on Adrian's Pederson's all-time freshman rushing record; We just saw Haskins step in for the injured Barrett versus Michigan (not Burrows). From this we know that I was right and you were wrong.

I am sorry, but If history is any indication....well you know the rest.

Last edited:
I'd think the competitor in him says I can win at NU. I did it. I won a national championship. No reason we can't do it again.

NU is where they are because of some sad ass leadership. Poor decisions, and maybe a confrence change, effecting long standing comfort. It just needs some smart leadership to get it back on track. I'd think Scott would feel confident in his ability to do just that. Helps tha Osborne is still alive.

Matt Davison agrees with you. Toward the end if the Iowa game he lamented how poor decisions had brought NU football to such a low point. You could tell he was really POed, saying Nebraska deserves much better.

Poor decisions made my by Perlman and Eichorst gave us 3 wasted years we will never get back. I think Bill Moos will make very good decisions regarding our FB program. Optimism and hope are not dead yet.

Last edited:
Read on another post that his wife doesn’t want to live in Nebraska.Article stated she is from Arizona and doesn’t like cold weather.That’s one reason I guess. We married guys know that if mama ain’t happy,ain’t nobody happy .

If she’s anything like any woman I’ve ever met she’ll be happy when her bank account quadruples whether they live in Tempe or the North Pole. I know it’s been reported money doesn’t matter to Scott but I haven’t heard his wife say that...

Apparently it's not only the SEC that eats their young...

1379786225130.gif

And let me tell you, the people there are great, but there’s NOTHING in Eugene. It would be like living in Fremont, except all the drug are legal.

Scott is an outdoorsman, right? Two national forests, dozens of lakes and rivers, and the ocean are all a hop, skip, and jump from Eugene. The fact that there is "Nothing" there might be a positive, not a negative for Scott.

If she’s anything like any woman I’ve ever met she’ll be happy when her bank account quadruples whether they live in Tempe or the North Pole. I know it’s been reported money doesn’t matter to Scott but I haven’t heard his wife say that...
I agree with your post,but I was just responding to the OP. I provided one possible reason why he might say no.Thanks for your response.GBR.

Scott is an outdoorsman, right? Two national forests, dozens of lakes and rivers, and the ocean are all a hop, skip, and jump from Eugene. The fact that there is "Nothing" there might be a positive, not a negative for Scott.
That part is true. Lots of cool outdoors stuff nearby.

Please don't forget that you are the fellow who was saying that all of us would eventually be singing praises for Mike Riley. You also said (pre-season) that NU's running backs were better than Wisconsin's and also tried to tell us that Burrows was tOSU's 2nd string QB, not Haskins.

I disagreed with you on all three issues.

We just witnessed MR getting the axe with a disgusting 4-8 record; At this very moment, Wisconsin's Johnathon Taylor is closing in on Adrian's Pederson's all-time freshman rushing record; We just saw Haskins step in for the injured Barrett versus Michigan (not Burrows). From this we know that I was right and you were wrong.

I am sorry, but If history is any indication....well you know the rest.
Not a single thing in your post is on topic. You've reached defcon5 apparently!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back