• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Why would he say no?"

the major difference is that Frost will work mad hours and spend lots of time away from family either way...he doesnt have the luxury of not working as hard just because he is in a smaller conference. and regardless of his current location he will still spend a roughly equivalent time away from home recruiting

You need to stop being so delusional. You are a wonderful person and I'd hate for anyone to think you are a moron.

SF said...

“I've been recruiting all week,” Frost said last year upon taking his name out of the running at Oregon. “[One day,] I drove to a [nearby] town in Florida, recruited and was back in Orlando that night. [The next day,] I drove to another town in Florida and was back at home that night. That's a lot different than flying all over the country and sleeping in a different state every night.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...t-frost-nebraska-mike-bianchi-0921-story.html

Its OK to spend lots of travel time flying from Nebraska to Florida and California when you are single. But SF has a wife and child now. I'll bet SF feels just like CrabHusker...he would like to spend as much time with his family as he can. At UCF he can recruit and be home in time for supper. In addition, top Florida recruits can easily drive to UCF for an unpaid, unofficial visit. I'll bet he values that very much, and I'll bet his wife does too.

Years ago I recall TO saying that he would like to have the same advantage as the HC at Missouri where he could recruit his team without having to leave the state. Like CrabHusker, TO missed seeing his family grow up. To be successful at DONU that is the price a HC has to pay. Is SF willing to pay that price?

We shall see.

Last edited:
You seem to want a pissin match. No?
No. You're already done. I like the OP as a good perspective. As to Frost we should find out in few days. Until then...

tumblr_inline_np9wrvPEDH1tpfg2f_500.gif

Here is another good reason why SF might say no to Nebraska.

From an article in the Orlando Sentinel...

Remember when the Oregon job opened up last year and the natural assumption was that Frost — the Ducks’ former offensive coordinator — would become a candidate? He quickly pulled himself out of contention because, as he said, “UCF is where I want to be. When you recruit kids to come play for you and you agree to do something for a program; when you give your word to people, I think it's your responsibility to see those things through. I started something here and I want to see it through.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...t-frost-nebraska-mike-bianchi-0921-story.html

Last edited:

Nope. They walked away. Do you want examples in pro sports, business and politics?
SF is only 42 and his pockets aren't yet bulging with money versus those other coaches. Urban had made a lot money and was pretty well financially set when he walked away from Florida. Stoops a multi millionaire and I'm not sure of Chizik except he had a 5 year deal worth almost 2 million a year. Bottom line all 3 of those coaches could well afford to walk away with ZERO financial issues.

All SF needs to do now is make 1 huge financial score with say Nebraska? If he succeeds all well and good but if he doesn't he's still set financially for life. How can it be anything but a win win? Not saying 100% it's Nebraska but he's going to get the most time and fan support to make work IMO.

It's certainly going to be fun to watch what happens the next month or so....

Here is another good reason why SF might say no to Nebraska.

From an article in the Orlando Sentinel...

Remember when the Oregon job opened up last year and the natural assumption was that Frost — the Ducks’ former offensive coordinator — would become a candidate? He quickly pulled himself out of contention because, as he said, “UCF is where I want to be. When you recruit kids to come play for you and you agree to do something for a program; when you give your word to people, I think it's your responsibility to see those things through. I started something here and I want to see it through.”

If he takes the team undefeated and gets to a major bowl there's not a lot more he can accomplish at a place like UCF...... I'll bet even money SF is moving on from UCF at the end of season. I won't however bet it's Nebraska at this point in time.

I'd also bet SF was never really a candidate for the Oregon job anyway.... They were not going to hire someone with ZERO HC experience IMO.

Last edited:
coming from a little different perspective, I grew up on a small farm and went to school in a small town. got a degree in a profession that allowed me to go wherever I wanted to and did. have always thought about and still only dream of my original home as being home. I believe the pull on Scott Frost (with a new son) will far outreach anything out there

Wow...I guess Scott is a a permanent indentured servant at UCF. Who knew?

Some on this board would surely call him out for lack of integrity if he comes back to Nebraska after making that kind of statement...probably the same guys that booed him when he came home from Stanford.

Last edited:

coming from a little different perspective, I grew up on a small farm and went to school in a small town. got a degree in a profession that allowed me to go wherever I wanted to and did. have always thought about and still only dream of my original home as being home. I believe the pull on Scott Frost (with a new son) will far outreach anything out there

Scott Frost's UCF bio still lists Wood River as his home town.

If he takes the team undefeated and gets to a major bowl there's not a lot more he can accomplish at a place like UCF.....

The CFP system could easily expand to 8 teams and give an automatic bid to the top G5 team.

If SF thinks that is likely to happen, it could sway him to stay put.

If SF desires to go beyond domination of the AAC and win a NC, an expansion to 8 teams with an automatic G5 bid would give him as good an opportunity as being in a P5 conference.

The CFP system could easily expand to 8 teams and give an automatic bid to the top G5 team.

If SF desires to go beyond domination of the AAC and win a NC, an expansion to 8 teams with an automatic G5 bid would give him as good an opportunity as being in a P5 conference.
Huh? In post #34, you quote SF as basically saying he'll never leave UCF. What changed in the last 27 minutes?

Last edited:

Heard plenty of discussion how the CFP is not going to expand for a long time if ever. There are major consideration regarding how much more time would be involved in expanded playoffs. Most coaches and the NCAA are totally against any expansion. So for SF to wait around hoping that happens.. well good luck!

If he stays at CFU he leaves MILLIONS on the table with no gurantee about what happens down the road. Timing in life is everything and SF's time IMO is now to strike it rich and expand his horizons. I'll still bet at the end of the season he's GONE from CFU the only question is where does he land....

You need to stop being so delusional. You are a wonderful person and I'd hate for anyone to think you are a moron.

SF said...

“I've been recruiting all week,” Frost said last year upon taking his name out of the running at Oregon. “[One day,] I drove to a [nearby] town in Florida, recruited and was back in Orlando that night. [The next day,] I drove to another town in Florida and was back at home that night. That's a lot different than flying all over the country and sleeping in a different state every night.”

Its OK to spend lots of travel time flying from Nebraska to Florida and California when you are single. But SF has a wife and child now. I'll bet SF feels just like CrabHusker...he would like to spend as much time with his family as he can. At UCF he can recruit and be home in time for supper. In addition, top Florida recruits can easily drive to UCF for an unpaid, unofficial visit. I'll bet he values that very much, and I'll bet his wife does too.

Years ago I recall TO saying that he would like to have the same advantage as the HC at Missouri where he could recruit his team without having to leave the state. Like CrabHusker, TO missed seeing his family grow up. To be successful at DONU that is the price a HC has to pay. Is SF willing to pay that price?

We shall see.

Fair enough, if SF isn’t the type that wants to reach the pinnacle of his career, more powerf to him...but, wouldn’t want him here if that was the case.

Men who compete and succeed at the level he has, seldom shy from a challenge when the reward is so great. They also tend to create schedules and commitment that help the, get there.

That's the question I got from an FSU fan I work with today regarding Scott Frost's potential employment by the University of Nebraska. "Why?"

Like most competitive people, Frost is driven. He wants to win. He wants to improve himself, his family's position in life and be the best at what he does. I get it. I was it. Different business, but similar choice.

Why would he say no?

I have to step back twenty years when I had an opportunity to step into the 'big time' in my business. I owned and operated my own business. Was successful in that my family didn't want or need anything I couldn't provide. I enjoyed what I did, had many repeat clients and was able to spend time with my wife and kids. I had hobbies I enjoyed on occasion. Then came an offer from a large, multi billion dollar firm to take a step up in every single way as it relates to what I do. More money, bigger, more complex projects, bigger bonuses, etc. The position included travel, but as an Air Force brat, that didn't concern me in the least. I will tell people who ask to this day that I struggled with the decision, but that's BS. I knew I what I wanted to do the minute the offer was in my hand. I talked to the wife and as is typical for my wife she said 'Whatever you think is best, I'll support'. Sealed the deal. Had I chosen to decline the offer, kept my company and just kept doing what I'd done for more than a decade, I'd not have missed my kids growing up. I wouldn't have spent months at a time away from my wife, my parents, my siblings. I got what I agreed to, that's for sure. I built some great buildings and worked on some very difficult projects that checked all the boxes I'd secretly longed for. I guess you could say I reached the pinnacle of what I do for a living, but at what cost? Family pictures for years that don't include me. Two decades of life lived in a temporary condition. New cities living in apartments, hotels, trips home when they could be fit in. I left a perfectly acceptable and comfortable life for more...and I made a mistake. If I could hit the reset button and go back twenty years, I'd say 'Thanks for the offer, but no.'

Like I said, different business, but there is more to life than just reaching the top. Frost is a smart man and now he's a dad as well. I'm guessing he'll be looking at all of it a little harder than most of us think. There are reasons beyond UCF's status in the football world to say no. I can think of a few I should have thought more about back in the day.

Can we pay Jack Nicholson to read this and post it? I'll chip in $50.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back