• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which domino falls first?

Honestly I couldn’t imagine they would. But if you scrap Frosts offense and go with Army’s OC, there’s absolutely ZERO reason to keep Frost. Fire him and go hire someone with head coaching experience who prefers the triple option. The only way it’s even a possibility is if Frost thinks they can mesh the triple option principles into the shotgun triple option, but I pray to God he’s not that desperate.
It could be a spectacular new direction, but it would take more than a year to perfect.

And how would that play with guys at receiver? Or an OLine that may have pro aspirations? And we do have a couple of QBs who I’m guessing are thinking of being more pass than run, is that concerning?
I like what I read about Korn from Coastal Carolina. I think he would be better. But looks awfully young

Frost already has the guy with the sunglasses to look over him LOL. I hope we keep Brown around in some capacity. He might not be up to coaching full time
Agree Brown at 61 is near the end of his coaching days but I saw a difference in the running backs under his influence. He knows how to motivate kids. He’d be a great addition if only for a year or two.

I like what I read about Korn from Coastal Carolina. I think he would be better. But looks awfully young
That’s a concern when we know it’s going to be tough on Scott to give the keys of the car to him. Unlike many here, I think Scott is actually a really sharp offensive mind, but seems to struggle in the actual game situations. I have no problem with him having input on game planning.

Assuming we hire a ST coordinator, wondering if we see them get signed as early as today or tomorrow while we finalize the OC. There seems to be a lot of smoke around Sean Snyder and he seems a logical candidate for ST.

Which one do we land first?
Make sense that it will be either a ST coordinator or OC first. ST isn't tied to the offensive vacancies, while the OC is. Frost made it fairly clear that the OC will have some say on filling the rest of the offensive vacancies.

Personally, I think the OC is currently a higher priority hire. Not because it is our biggest issue, but because there will be more competition in the OC market. We need to make sure we land that hire so we can also get the process started for filling those other positions. Unless we already just know who we want for ST, I don't expect that to be the first hire, especially since Frost mentioned a few weeks ago he wasn't sure we actually needed one.

Morris has become a job hopper so he makes sense. Not a particularly overwhelming list here but not surprising either. He struggled big time at Arkansas as HC but he was successful as OC at Clemson before that. VERY quirky guy. Met him a few times while he was at SMU and I'm not sure I see how he or Frost's personalities would mesh but that may be a good thing? He's a coach up the road from me in Allen right now and they have been a pipeline for D1 talent. Wouldn't be bad for recruiting in that sense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back