• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Walters out

Maybe HCSF didn't want him out nor initialized the conversation.....maybe he did initialize it.....maybe it became "mutual" after HCSF said, "Troy, you're fired!" and Troy said, "You can't fire me, I quit!"

Hopefully some clarification comes out later as right now, I have a hard time seeing this being mutual as someone had to initialize the "I'm gone", or "you're gone" conversation.

It seems pretty clear that Frost's first choice was Mickey Joseph and timing was impacted by LSU game on Monday. It also seems HCSF realized his hallowed coaching staff had major leaks in it which raises my respect for him since he dealt with it.

Can't count how many on this board thought and said otherwise. Good news is that the two worst coaches are gone. Still worry about DC and ability to execute a 3-4 front but at least we have finally gotten onto a better path

It seems pretty clear that Frost's first choice was Mickey Joseph and timing was impacted by LSU game on Monday. It also seems HCSF realized his hallowed coaching staff had major leaks in it which raises my respect for him since he dealt with it.

Can't count how many on this board thought and said otherwise. Good news is that the two worst coaches are gone. Still worry about DC and ability to execute a 3-4 front but at least we have finally gotten onto a better path
Fans will never get the real reason Frost replaced him ...could it be recruiting or lack of player development?

Airball...

I would be shocked if Walters is not being paid the remainder of his contract. I am sure his UNL contract states that he has to look for future employment and the amount owed from UNL will be deducted based on future earnings until the contract runs out. This is common practice now a days in college football.

Frost and Walters are ending their relationship with class via their public statements. Who knows how they interacted in the football offices? It could simply be a job performance situation. Trust me...he didn’t just ”give up $700k“. :thumbsup:

I attended Football 101 last summer. Coach Walters subbed in for Coach Frost when his wife gave birth to their new child. We sat at the same table as Coach Walters during the lunch portion of the event. He was very personable and answered all of the question asked to him. He was very classy and getting to interact with him was one of the highlights of the trip. I wish Coach Walters nothing but the best.
Not disputing any of your post. But, something went wrong, somewhere. As in every “parting company” there is always more to the story which we may never know.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back