• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Walters out

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing: Ron Brown has coached more All Americans than anyone else on the staff. Could even move Held to WR coach, and Brown back to RB. Wait... are we talking about the same guy... ?

:cool:

Last edited:
There is a very high probability this has already been brought up in another thread, or perhaps this one (I have not made through the whole thread yet) but I am trying to remember If TO had an OC. I don't think he did. We all know he called the plays. As most of you on this board, I thought it odd that Coach Walters had the title of OC. Many questioned, rightfully so, what exactly that meant and what the actual coaching role was. Of course, the "devil is in the details" with all of the coaching moves but I think we can all agree that HCSF has and had a blueprint in mind (with options if things were not working out) when he took this job.

Back in the day, I think it was a little less common to give someone an OC title if they didn't call plays. Tom was always listed as HC and OC. Frank probably did some game planning in the later years, but I'm pretty sure he was always fullbacks and assistant HC.

Nowadays, every guy on the offensive staff who can draw an X and O has potential to get an OC title.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing: Ron Brown has coached more All Americans than anyone else on the staff. Could even move Held to WR coach, and Brown back to RB. Wait... are we talking about the same guy... ?

:cool:

Reilly is talking about Keith Williams.

Either Frost and Walters had some major disagreements or Walters is looking to be a head coach and has an offer. Giving up $700K for a salary is a big step for anyone. Maybe we will be getting back to the option offense? I doubt it.
More like this.......”You can’t fire me. I quit!”

Frost calls the plays.

Either Frost and Walters had some major disagreements or Walters is looking to be a head coach and has an offer. Giving up $700K for a salary is a big step for anyone. Maybe we will be getting back to the option offense? I doubt it.

I would be shocked if Walters is not being paid the remainder of his contract. I am sure his UNL contract states that he has to look for future employment and the amount owed from UNL will be deducted based on future earnings until the contract runs out. This is common practice now a days in college football.

Frost and Walters are ending their relationship with class via their public statements. Who knows how they interacted in the football offices? It could simply be a job performance situation. Trust me...he didn’t just ”give up $700k“. :thumbsup:

I attended Football 101 last summer. Coach Walters subbed in for Coach Frost when his wife gave birth to their new child. We sat at the same table as Coach Walters during the lunch portion of the event. He was very personable and answered all of the question asked to him. He was very classy and getting to interact with him was one of the highlights of the trip. I wish Coach Walters nothing but the best.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back