• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Too soon, but...

Rest assure, it will be revisited in less than a year. Have to see how the season rolls. Looks tough. Can the Huskers rise to the challenge? Ahhhh, have to see. Many questions remain. I’d be happy with a 6-6 record, should the schedule be played, and considering the past 4 years of losing football.
I agree—a .500 season would feel like 9 wins at this point. I would be very happy with that next year.

I'm with you on that. 6 wins, which would mean a bowl game -- I'll take that.

I don't believe that is at all unreasonable to expect as a fan. Shouldn't be for any coach by year four. We've lowered the bar as low as it should ever have to go.

Does it taste as bad in your mouth when you say it as it does in mine?

C

Last edited:

Nebraska is certainly due for some breaks to go their way. It’s been uphill for years. Fighting penalties, turnovers, coaching changes, administration changes, conference changes, it’s been unsettled. Some breaks are certainly due, by law of averages I’d guess for the Cornhuskers.

But ... none of the things listed are “breaks.” The first two are characteristics of our team. The rest are self-inflicted. A break is more like a ball bouncing the wrong way.

But ... none of the things listed are “breaks.” The first two are characteristics of our team. The rest are self-inflicted. A break is more like a ball bouncing the wrong way.
True that, but I like to look at it as law of averages. Yes, NU needs the ball to bounce its way, and you’d like to think the turnovers would be sporadic instead of pretty regular. They just need some good will to happen to them. It’s like they are fighting everything and have been for some time. Top 20 talent and terrible results. It has to start changing, law of averages.

Reset, for those who care.

Let's assume that Frost is not the guy to get it done and we let him go after 2021 or 2022.

There is no doubt we could successfully go after a coordinator/assistant or a G5 head coach. The question is, could we entice a P5 coach to come here? From where?

Reset, for those who care.

Let's assume that Frost is not the guy to get it done and we let him go after 2021 or 2022.

There is no doubt we could successfully go after a coordinator/assistant or a G5 head coach. The question is, could we entice a P5 coach to come here? From where?
I have a very good friend who has been beating the Kyle Whittingham drum for some time. I like that he has a proven track record but am not a huge fan of the offense. I personally don't need a splash hire (Urban Meyer, Mack Brown) would truthfully like a young up and comer.....ala Bob Stoops circa 1998. We need a tough reliable defense, and a solid run game. Not sexy, I know, but we can easily recruit to that and have obviously been very successful. I don't ever want the feeling I had when Riley was hired. I literally was asking myself, "Who the h377 is that"?

Last edited:
Wow. Scott Frost is not a saint. He's a human being who happened to play QB for 2 years at Nebraska. He can fail like anyone else. He's coached for 5 seasons and 4 of them had losing records. I hope he doesn't fail at NU, but if he does, it would not constitute a cosmic disaster. And if he does, we move on to the next coach. And we keep doing it until we find one that wins enough to put us back on the map. It's really not hard to understand.

I hate the phrase, "If Frost can't do it......then who can?"

Who can? The next guy.
Never said he was a saint and never said "If Frost can't do it.....then who can?" I am sick of firing coaches, it really hasn't worked out. I'm also old enough to remember that there was a large number of people who wanted to run Osborne out of town. I almost got into a fight during the 1995 Oklahoma game with a dude who was complaining that we weren't beating the Sooners bad enough. I believe the final score was 33-0 and that team is considered one of the best college football teams ever. Maybe I'm just tired of whiny Husker Fan. I just want a coach to stick around for a decade and see what happens.

I have a very good friend who has been beating the Kyle Whittingham drum for some time. I like that he has a proven track record but am not a huge fan of the offense. I personally don't need a splash hire (Urban Meyer, Mack Brown) would truthfully like a young up and comer.....ala Bob Stoops circa 1998. We need a tough reliable defense, and a solid run game. Not sexy, I know, but we can easily recruit to that and have obviously been very successful. I don't ever want the feeling I had when Riley was hired. I literally was asking myself, "Who the h377 is that"?
Just curious, at this point in the Huskers program when we are passed “make it or break it”, why go after another name that is not in the top five of CFB? If I am the president of NU, or the AD, we are fixing this problem once and for all. That means I am damn near writing a blank check (within reason and common sense obviously) to get someone here who WILL fix this program.

Never said he was a saint and never said "If Frost can't do it.....then who can?" I am sick of firing coaches, it really hasn't worked out. I'm also old enough to remember that there was a large number of people who wanted to run Osborne out of town. I almost got into a fight during the 1995 Oklahoma game with a dude who was complaining that we weren't beating the Sooners bad enough. I believe the final score was 33-0 and that team is considered one of the best college football teams ever. Maybe I'm just tired of whiny Husker Fan. I just want a coach to stick around for a decade and see what happens.

Imagine if Alabama went that route in 2006.

C

I trust Moos, and believe he is right when he says that the program can be accurately evaluated by year 5 of the turnaround. I fully expect Frost to be our head coach for at least 2 more years, even if we don't get where we want to be by then.

He can and as long as Moos is here, he will. No way he gets shown the door and he shouldn’t. The results so far stink but they apparently did with Solich, Callahan, Pelini, & Riley too. SF will right the ship and we will be a competitive force in the West and larger B1G before the end of his current contract.
No matter what happened with previous coaches it’s irrelevant to the situation Frost is in today. I personally believe he will get it done. If he has another losing season he might be gone and I could understand. The people that think we can’t find a coach are silly and honestly ignorant. We pay enough to find someone. If Indiana, Iowa St., and Minnesota can find guys so can Nebraska. Doesn’t have to be Frost or no one. That’s a losers mentality.

If frost is gone in the next ten years for any reason other than his tragic death, I will never watch husker football again. This self congratulatory fan base is irritating enough as it is. Just as some states keep voting idiots into office (I’ll let you choose your particular idiots), we get the program that we deserve. Just my opinion. This is not a give him x number of years deal. This is a Scott Frost is our coach forever deal, if it takes ten years to get good so be it
I'm a frosty but I don't think Frost himself would stay if he can't turn it around, by his time frame. Whether ego or love for Nebraska.
Loyalty for assistants has burned us in the past though.
As for quitting Husker football fandom that's like dishonoring your parents. Its family bro.
So I honor your opinion, I'm loyal , my mom's family is all from Wood River and all, go Fairbanks Irrigation, but i suggest you change your name to " Section 8 " cause not watching your team is just crazy.
Husker football forever.
A couple of passes thrown better and we would have won every game cept one. Including Northwestern.

I just want a coach to stick around for a decade and see what happens.

Same way you'd operate a business?

Even If the person you paid extremely good money to run your business isn't producing, ride out it for a decade no matter what and continue to pay your lead man. While you may not like the fact that your company's competition is passing you by, you'll accept that over making a change. And this is being heavily influenced by the fact that your customers whine a lot. It's obviously acceptable for you if your business is in worse shape after ten years than it was to start because change sucks and whiny customers suck more.

The point is we'll be further and further away. Two incredibly stupid firings led us to this point. We had two winning coaches, and they weren't winning enough for our liking, apparently.
You and I both know Pelini and Solich where fired by idiots. We also know Bo’s general attitude off the field with media and boosters hurt him. That’s just part of the gig. Solich had his own off field issues. I’m not saying they should’ve been fired but it’s not just we fired nine win coaches.

Yeah but Osborne was a really good coach who was winning. Frost is losing more than half his games every year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back