• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Too soon, but...

You and I both know Pelini and Solich where fired by idiots. We also know Bo’s general attitude off the field with media and boosters hurt him. That’s just part of the gig. Solich had his own off field issues. I’m not saying they should’ve been fired but it’s not just we fired nine win coaches.

If we use the same criteria that others on this thread have used, "you are what your record says you are", then that's exactly what NU did.

2020 schedule was a freebee. Next year, Frost will be a 3rd seasons. Boon or Bust. Minimum of 7 wins.

OZjHDJk.png

JvSFeje.png

Next kickoff @ Dublin, 236 days countdown :eek:

Last edited:
Same way you'd operate a business?

Even If the person you paid extremely good money to run your business isn't producing, ride out it for a decade no matter what and continue to pay your lead man. While you may not like the fact that your company's competition is passing you by, you'll accept that over making a change. And this is being heavily influenced by the fact that your customers whine a lot. It's obviously acceptable for you if your business is in worse shape after ten years than it was to start because change sucks and whiny customers suck more.
L
1609795342118.jpeg

Heck, I'm trying to figure out why Nebraska ever let go of Bill Jennings. It was obviously a mistake not giving him another five years.
had he been a Husker alum rather than a Sooner, perhaps he might have.
:Sarcastic:

... even so, BJ got 5 seasons. ;)

at least want to see what SF can do with a complete roster full of his guys, I've seen positive progress to date in a number of areas, then again I tend to look further than just win tallies... but yes, ultimately wins will have to start happening. I still go back to the premise of my original post in this thread - Husker Nation is insatiable. Following the 2018 Colorado game - overheard a Husker fan saying "...Frost lost twice in 1996, just knew he wasn't the guy to get it done now" - I love my Huskers, but there's some folks who are truly just flat out cray.

Even If the person you paid extremely good money to run your business isn't producing, ride out it for a decade no matter what and continue to pay your lead man. While you may not like the fact that your company's competition is passing you by, you'll accept that over making a change. And this is being heavily influenced by the fact that your customers whine a lot. It's obviously acceptable for you if your business is in worse shape after ten years than it was to start because change sucks and whiny customers suck more.
Thank you for providing some levity here.

Some of these comments are belly laugh-worthy.

A lot of you are so disconnected on the expectations for Frost. Stop looking for reasons to get rid of him. Start being supportive fans and do our part to build back the culture of "No Place Like Nebraska". A few years ago we got the most sought after coach in the country that turned down Florida and a bunch of other schools to come home. Now way we get another coach with that pedigree if hes not from here. Coaches aren't easy to replace in lincoln nebraska. Ya'll better start supporting this one before u run out of chances.

A lot of you are so disconnected on the expectations for Frost. Stop looking for reasons to get rid of him. Start being supportive fans and do our part to build back the culture of "No Place Like Nebraska". A few years ago we got the most sought after coach in the country that turned down Florida and a bunch of other schools to come home. Now way we get another coach with that pedigree if hes not from here. Coaches aren't easy to replace in lincoln nebraska. Ya'll better start supporting this one before u run out of chances.
1. What are the expectations for Frost?
2. Who is looking to get rid of him?
3. You think NU can't hire another "most sought-after coach"?
4. What pedigree does Frost have that separates him from most other coaches at P5 programs? Do those things make him a better coach than Stoops? Or Urb? or Saban? or....even the Pirate?
5. How many chances do we get? Is there a limit or something we should know about?

Never said he was a saint and never said "If Frost can't do it.....then who can?" I am sick of firing coaches, it really hasn't worked out. I'm also old enough to remember that there was a large number of people who wanted to run Osborne out of town. I almost got into a fight during the 1995 Oklahoma game with a dude who was complaining that we weren't beating the Sooners bad enough. I believe the final score was 33-0 and that team is considered one of the best college football teams ever. Maybe I'm just tired of whiny Husker Fan. I just want a coach to stick around for a decade and see what happens.
I don't know...I kinda enjoyed the Callahan & Riley firings. Bo's record worked out better than Callahan. I wouldn't be opposed to giving SF a true year 3 to get it done.

Thanks, Scott.

I'll take it under advisement.

To the OP's question, I think it's typically more difficult to hire from P5 to P5 than fans often think. It certainly happens but more often than not it's another route. Just this year Texas, which is undeniably one of the most advantageous jobs in CFB, hired a guy with P5 HC experience but currently was a coordinator. Auburn, another good job, hired a G5 HC.

No matter what happened with previous coaches it’s irrelevant to the situation Frost is in today. I personally believe he will get it done. If he has another losing season he might be gone and I could understand. The people that think we can’t find a coach are silly and honestly ignorant. We pay enough to find someone. If Indiana, Iowa St., and Minnesota can find guys so can Nebraska. Doesn’t have to be Frost or no one. That’s a losers mentality.
Agreed & well stated. This is not a “Frost or Bust” IMO, although I personally believe if given time he can and will right the ship. He, more than anyone, understands what’s required and at stake. But the clock is ticking.

Last edited:

Just curious, at this point in the Huskers program when we are passed “make it or break it”, why go after another name that is not in the top five of CFB? If I am the president of NU, or the AD, we are fixing this problem once and for all. That means I am damn near writing a blank check (within reason and common sense obviously) to get someone here who WILL fix this program.
Michigan thought the same with Harbaugh. There’s not a perfect formula. And what Top 5 coach in their right mind would come to DONU if they have 3 or 4 years to meet message board expectations. I don’t disagree with your post at all TH, I just think SF is owed at the very least the opportunity to try thru the end of his current contract.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back