• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Too soon, but...

Same way you'd operate a business?

Even If the person you paid extremely good money to run your business isn't producing, ride out it for a decade no matter what and continue to pay your lead man. While you may not like the fact that your company's competition is passing you by, you'll accept that over making a change. And this is being heavily influenced by the fact that your customers whine a lot. It's obviously acceptable for you if your business is in worse shape after ten years than it was to start because change sucks and whiny customers suck more.
How much longer are you willing to patronize this establishment? What will you buy instead? I’m sticking with this team, coach, and administration. I’m certain you are as well. Losing sucks, but losing the identity of what makes this program and our state great is far worse. We will be back!

A lot of you are so disconnected on the expectations for Frost. Stop looking for reasons to get rid of him. Start being supportive fans and do our part to build back the culture of "No Place Like Nebraska". A few years ago we got the most sought after coach in the country that turned down Florida and a bunch of other schools to come home. Now way we get another coach with that pedigree if hes not from here. Coaches aren't easy to replace in lincoln nebraska. Ya'll better start supporting this one before u run out of chances.

I know, .500 is such a horrible expectation for next year. :rolleyes:

C

A lot of you are so disconnected on the expectations for Frost. Stop looking for reasons to get rid of him. Start being supportive fans and do our part to build back the culture of "No Place Like Nebraska". A few years ago we got the most sought after coach in the country that turned down Florida and a bunch of other schools to come home. Now way we get another coach with that pedigree if hes not from here. Coaches aren't easy to replace in lincoln nebraska. Ya'll better start supporting this one before u run out of chances.
We can find a coach other than Frost. It’s hard to recruit and coach in Ames and Madison yet they do it. They don’t attract high profile coaches. With our recruiting classes always in the top 30 under all of our coaches we will find someone. Frost has underperformed. It happens and doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach. Sometimes things don’t work out. I’m still hopeful they do but he can’t have two more losing seasons or he’s gone. Doesn’t change the fact he’s a husker or championship quarterback. If he fails so be it on to the next coach.

How much longer are you willing to patronize this establishment? What will you buy instead? I’m sticking with this team, coach, and administration. I’m certain you are as well. Losing sucks, but losing the identity of what makes this program and our state great is far worse. We will be back!
What is the "Nebraska Identity?" To me, our fanbase isn't much different than most bluebloods in terms of how they look and react to their team's wins and losses. Every fan who has invested (both emotionally and monetarily) into this program has EVERY right to criticize Frost and crew for producing three miserable years of football. While there are those who will attempt to pump sunshine up the back sides of anyone who will listen, there are others who will be critical. It doesn't make one a better fan because of differing viewpoints. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

What is the "Nebraska Identity?" To me, our fanbase isn't much different than most bluebloods in terms of how they look and react to their team's wins and losses. Every fan who has invested (both emotionally and monetarily) into this program has EVERY right to criticize Frost and crew for producing three miserable years of football. While there are those who will attempt to pump sunshine up the back sides of anyone who will listen, there are others who will be critical. It doesn't make one a better fan because of differing viewpoints. :thumbsup:
Not what I said at all, only stating that calls to fire Frost right now are irresponsible and premature. :thumbsup:

Not what I said at all, only stating that calls to fire Frost right now are irresponsible and premature. :thumbsup:
Who here is calling for his firing (besides possibly a couple of fringe lunatics)? Please point them out. Because the folks here who have been critical have all said they are willing to give him 2021 to see if improvement is made. You're making things up.

Last edited:
Who here is calling for his firing (besides possibly a couple of fringe lunatics)? Please point them out. Because the folks here who have been critical have all said they are willing to give him 2021 to see if improvement is made. You're making things up.

1609864313737.png

What was your point? :Chillpill::Cheers: #GBR
I'm chill my friend. But my point is, you are making things up. Who are all these people calling for Scott's firing right now? Honest question. Just because folks don't want to give Scott a 10 year runway (like you) of losing seasons, doesn't mean the pitchfork crowd has showed up at his doorstep. That was my only point. :Cheers:

I'm chill my friend. But my point is, you are making things up. Who are all these people calling for Scott's firing right now? Honest question. Just because folks don't want to give Scott a 10 year runway (like you) of losing seasons, doesn't mean the pitchfork crowd has showed up at his doorstep. That was my only point. :Cheers:
I've said over and over he deserves to run thru the end of his current contract. Certainly nothing more until vast improvements can be seen, and definitely nothing less. I'd love it if he were here 10 years, but not in the scenario you claim. You seem to be shooting from the hip a bit yourself! :Deadhorse::Peacesign:

1. What are the expectations for Frost?
2. Who is looking to get rid of him?
3. You think NU can't hire another "most sought-after coach"?
4. What pedigree does Frost have that separates him from most other coaches at P5 programs? Do those things make him a better coach than Stoops? Or Urb? or Saban? or....even the Pirate?
5. How many chances do we get? Is there a limit or something we should know about?
1. The expectations are to run a clean program and start winning football games. If you never played or coached sports you wouldn't understand how difficult it can be to get over the hump. Frost is working to overcome a lot of bad juju with a team that's been affected by it for over a decade now. It's why he talks so much about a culture shift. We are wired to lose at the moment.

2. Plenty of Huskermax posters that already say its over. If he doesnt go .500 yada yada yada. Pay attention and you will notice people love to talk coaching changes around here which this whole thread was created to do.

3. I absolutely do not think Nebraska can hire the most sought after coach in the country again. If you do then you are delusional.
4. Stoops, Urb, and Saban. You mean 3 of the better coaches in college Football history? If that's who you think we should hire then u will never be satisfied cuz it ain't happening. As for the pirate? The same dude that got in trouble for disciplining players too hard in previous stops? That just won 4 games at Mississippi State and the last win was against Tulsa and his team got in a massive brawl and he follows it up with saying it's basically not a big deal cuz it's a Footbal game. Ya I will pass on that guy. Nebraska fans love to complain we don't run the ball enough but some still want Mike Leach as a coach?

As far as Frost pedigree goes you can look up his resume but I will help you out.
-undefeated season at UCF two years after he got there and they won 0 games the year before he got there.
-successful career as qb coach and offensive coordinator for oregon when they had probably the best offense in the country.
-Well known that he spent time around some of the best coaches in the game like Walsh Bellichek, Kelly, and more.
-successful player that won a national championship and played in the league.

I'd argue that pedigree is ok.

5. As for your smart a** question i will answer it in the most simple way possible. No coach can run a team in bad culture and negativity. The fans have destroyed the psyche of this team more than anyone except Pederson and Callahan. Support the program means backing your head coach and injecting some belief in to the program. Recruits and players know that Husker fans dont ever have anything good to say. Why would they ever play hard for us? Or even come in the first place? Or in that case even stay? Keep creating a toxic environment and u as a fan will get to keep seeing the crappy results on saturdays.

Even
Even saying I'll give him 2021 is stupid statement. We are committed to this guy. If its 2024 and he has not improved should be more of the conversation going on here.

We can find a coach other than Frost. It’s hard to recruit and coach in Ames and Madison yet they do it. They don’t attract high profile coaches. With our recruiting classes always in the top 30 under all of our coaches we will find someone. Frost has underperformed. It happens and doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach. Sometimes things don’t work out. I’m still hopeful they do but he can’t have two more losing seasons or he’s gone. Doesn’t change the fact he’s a husker or championship quarterback. If he fails so be it on to the next coach.
I agree with some of what you said here. The thing I wanted to point out is the coach in Madison came from Pittburgh with a record under .500. The coach in Ames was hired from Toledo. Do you really envision Nebraska fans being happy with either of those hires. It's easy to see their results and say why couldn't we do that? It's a lot harder to actually find the right guy. My point has been that Nebraska is not a destination job anymore and we cant just get some proven national champion to coach us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back