• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked OG’s Blake McDonald & Jarret Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little more than a week removed from his official visit to Nebraska Norco, California offensive lineman Jarret Bell sat down this evening with Husker head coach Scott Frost, along with NU's offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Bell's aunt and uncle, who are his legal guardians, were also present for the in-home meeting.

"We discussed everything about my overall fit in the program and they just said they want me there pretty bad," Bell recounted. "They just filled me in on all the questions that I had and all of the questions that my family had.

"The key questions were about the business degree, the type of business, the support system that they have and their alumni outreach. Just like, how can they put me in touch with alumni to help me continue my job pursuits because college is over in five years and I will need to worry about the next 50 years as well. Just questions like that.

"We just went from there and I told them that I was expecting to give them an answer tonight, but that I needed a little more time to think about it. And they said, 'No problem,' so I will get back to them as soon as I can."

Bell said that he is going to sleep on his decision and consider what he thinks about Nebraska's program and how he would fit in there with the new staff.

He has a lot of other schools coming at him and trying to secure his last official visit, but Bell has not decided if he will actually take his last official, much less which program he would visit. He was also visited today by Tennessee's new head coach, Jeremy Pruitt, but he did not schedule an official to Knoxville nor did they offer him on the spot.

Notre Dame, Georgia and Clemson have all reached out to him over the past couple of days as well, but the Irish are the only program to indicate to him they planned to offer him a scholarship soon. That will also add to his deliberations overnight and into Tuesday.

"I'm honestly not sure yet," Bell said of which way he was leaving about taking another visit or committing. "I'm just going to sit back and think mostly about the offers I have on the table because those are the ones that really want me bad. I'm just going to think about those and go from there."

In addition to Nebraska, Bell has officially visiting UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State. He is expecting head coaches Chip Kelly, Mario Cristobal and Kevin Sumlin all to stop by and to visit him on Tuesday.

Asked what he remembers about his rec ent trip to Lincoln, Bell replied:

"Just excellent facilities, excellent coaching, a fantastic fan base and alumni," Bell stated. "The program is very well structured and I believe these coaches will take it to the next level and make Nebraska a national contender."

Bell also discussed with the Cornhusker coaches where he would fit into the program and how early he possibly could play.

"They see me coming in at [offensive] left guard, and they believe I could contend to start right away," Bell relayed.

Bell reiterated that he will know something definitive, one way or another, sometime during Tuesday. He will either take his last official visit or eand his recruiting process end commit somewhere. Stay tuned.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ol-recruit-jarret-bell-will-know-his-next-step-on-tuesday
Tough decision for the young man and his family. I'm sure Frost was honest and represented Nebraska well. I hope he chooses Nebraska however I hope he does what's best for him.

The key word there is contending. All the players will "contend" right away. If not then why bring them in. Not a shot at foster.
Right. Just as telling a WR he can contend to play and start right away isn't a shot at Stanley Morgan or JD Spielman, and so on. It's recruiting, pretty much every big time recruit is going to hear that pitch no matter who we have at that position in the program. What's nice is when they get here and realize they are about 40 pounds lighter than the starter and are not even close to as strong, they understand why they are getting redshirted and you mask it as "don't want to waste one of your years."

Right. Just as telling a WR he can contend to play and start right away isn't a shot at Stanley Morgan or JD Spielman, and so on. It's recruiting, pretty much every big time recruit is going to hear that pitch no matter who we have at that position in the program. What's nice is when they get here and realize they are about 40 pounds lighter than the starter and are not even close to as strong, they understand why they are getting redshirted and you mask it as "don't want to waste one of your years."
Some are men the first time they step on campus, but most are not. It makes it all the more impressive when a guy like Jaimes is actually able to compete when pushed into a starting role.

Some are men the first time they step on campus, but most are not. It makes it all the more impressive when a guy like Jaimes is actually able to compete when pushed into a starting role.
It's going to be an interesting spring camp. I have no doubt the two deep will undergo a great deal of change. There will be transfers and surprises but one thing I am confident of is that Nebraska will become a better team week by week.

"Shots fired" in the direction of Jerald Foster
If that's what it is, and it may just be recruiting talk, I'm all for it. I think Jerald Foster is All N and waiting for someone to teach him what to do. I would be surprised if he isn't a captain and the leader of the offensive line. I don't know much about him other that he has said the right things in the past and seemed to genuinely be embarrassed by Nebraska's performance last year... I think this staff will emphasize that he's running out of time to succeed. Fast.

It's going to be an interesting spring camp. I have no doubt the two deep will undergo a great deal of change. There will be transfers and surprises but one thing I am confident of is that Nebraska will become a better team week by week.

The more we progress with the recruiting season and this particular staff and class, I think we are going to have more attrition than any of us anticipate. We could end up with a class closer to 30 than 25 and I think the staff knows exactly who is on the transfer/attrition watch list. Quite frankly, we need a lot of attrition as it appears we have developed a soft culture and a lack of accountability from a player to player basis.

The more we progress with the recruiting season and this particular staff and class, I think we are going to have more attrition than any of us anticipate. We could end up with a class closer to 30 than 25 and I think the staff knows exactly who is on the transfer/attrition watch list. Quite frankly, we need a lot of attrition as it appears we have developed a soft culture and a lack of accountability from a player to player basis.

It does make you wonder, for sure. I'm sure the staff is working on inside information. What's amazing to me is that they've met every timeline to fill the class. Granted, they probably needed to take some of the guys with less information and less of a pre-existing relationship than they would prefer, but all in all, it's been quite an effort. It appears that this staff is not afraid of giving some effort.

I hope that's not the case but fear you may be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back