• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked OG’s Blake McDonald & Jarret Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

They deleted the tweet to the story, but here's the screenshot. Got me excited for a little bit!

20180122_231831.png

Yeah, the LJS must have had a story all queued up in case he did commit and it accidentally got tweeted out. No commit actually happened.

Oops, looks like the story briefly appeared online. Still showing up on a Google news search!

oops.png

I am betting that if he takes the visit to UT that we end up with McDonald, who will be here this weekend. I would think that he would have been told first come first serve.

A little more than a week removed from his official visit to Nebraska Norco, California offensive lineman Jarret Bell sat down this evening with Husker head coach Scott Frost, along with NU's offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Bell's aunt and uncle, who are his legal guardians, were also present for the in-home meeting.

"We discussed everything about my overall fit in the program and they just said they want me there pretty bad," Bell recounted. "They just filled me in on all the questions that I had and all of the questions that my family had.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ol-recruit-jarret-bell-will-know-his-next-step-on-tuesday

Last edited by a moderator:
A little more than a week removed from his official visit to Nebraska Norco, California offensive lineman Jarret Bell sat down this evening with Husker head coach Scott Frost, along with NU's offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Bell's aunt and uncle, who are his legal guardians, were also present for the in-home meeting.

"We discussed everything about my overall fit in the program and they just said they want me there pretty bad," Bell recounted. "They just filled me in on all the questions that I had and all of the questions that my family had.

"The key questions were about the business degree, the type of business, the support system that they have and their alumni outreach. Just like, how can they put me in touch with alumni to help me continue my job pursuits because college is over in five years and I will need to worry about the next 50 years as well. Just questions like that.

"We just went from there and I told them that I was expecting to give them an answer tonight, but that I needed a little more time to think about it. And they said, 'No problem,' so I will get back to them as soon as I can."

Bell said that he is going to sleep on his decision and consider what he thinks about Nebraska's program and how he would fit in there with the new staff.

He has a lot of other schools coming at him and trying to secure his last official visit, but Bell has not decided if he will actually take his last official, much less which program he would visit. He was also visited today by Tennessee's new head coach, Jeremy Pruitt, but he did not schedule an official to Knoxville nor did they offer him on the spot.

Notre Dame, Georgia and Clemson have all reached out to him over the past couple of days as well, but the Irish are the only program to indicate to him they planned to offer him a scholarship soon. That will also add to his deliberations overnight and into Tuesday.

"I'm honestly not sure yet," Bell said of which way he was leaving about taking another visit or committing. "I'm just going to sit back and think mostly about the offers I have on the table because those are the ones that really want me bad. I'm just going to think about those and go from there."

In addition to Nebraska, Bell has officially visiting UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State. He is expecting head coaches Chip Kelly, Mario Cristobal and Kevin Sumlin all to stop by and to visit him on Tuesday.

Asked what he remembers about his rec ent trip to Lincoln, Bell replied:

"Just excellent facilities, excellent coaching, a fantastic fan base and alumni," Bell stated. "The program is very well structured and I believe these coaches will take it to the next level and make Nebraska a national contender."

Bell also discussed with the Cornhusker coaches where he would fit into the program and how early he possibly could play.

"They see me coming in at [offensive] left guard, and they believe I could contend to start right away," Bell relayed.

Bell reiterated that he will know something definitive, one way or another, sometime during Tuesday. He will either take his last official visit or eand his recruiting process end commit somewhere. Stay tuned.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ol-recruit-jarret-bell-will-know-his-next-step-on-tuesday
First sounds like a very level headed kid and he will succeed in life beyond football. Second I hope they let him know that one of the richest men in the world and the top business mind in the world is a NE fan. Also that he lives less than an hour away. Also bring up former players like Rimington who have been successful i the business world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back