• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked OG’s Blake McDonald & Jarret Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornNHusker

Born Into The Tradition
2 Year Member
Looks like we might get both as of this morning

Attachments

• 31779972-F58E-44A7-BD53-B39016B84A60.jpeg
    31779972-F58E-44A7-BD53-B39016B84A60.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 98087C22-2E5A-40A7-AC3C-D268F6FD5B38.jpeg
    98087C22-2E5A-40A7-AC3C-D268F6FD5B38.jpeg
    525.2 KB · Views: 160

Either able to play tackle?

both are ~6'5" iirc so they are tall enough to play OT. in order to play tackle you've got to have good lateral quickness and long arms are a big+ not sure how these two measure there, but considering our big need is a tackle and we seem to be rolling out the red carpet for these two (bell especially) i bet this staff thinks they can. see what Blake McDonald said about where UCLA said he would play:

1. Jarrett Bell - visited 1-12 - tall, but all the recruiting services have him listed as a guard
  2. Blake McDonald - visiting next weekend, also listed as a guard by the recruiting services although he said this about his role at UCLA ""They said I'll play guard or tackle, right or left side," said McDonald." (how is that for narrowing it down) https://scout.com/college/football/...McDonald-Rock-Solid-in-Bruin-Verbal-107683288

Always need linemen, they are the driving force for success and some take time to develop. Keep-em coming.

Think our offensive line isn't nearly as bad as they have played the last few years. The o-line coaching has been subpar for a few seasons now
EXACTLY!!!!!! Two points show that it was very telling that our O-line coach was, too be blunt, was totally "ineffective".
Point one: Our Olinemen that started as FR/SOPH degressed each year, and
Point two: Decker was, IMHO, the best Center (before he got injured) during the Riley era and he ONLY played due to injury.
Syracuse will soon feel our angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back