• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked OG’s Blake McDonald & Jarret Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree! What I was replying too, was the idea of waiting until signing day and have this big deal. I don’t think the staff will wait for that, make your intentions known or next man up. They don’t have the luxury of waiting on a kid. They have a job to do. But I agree, if he doesn’t want to be N then good luck to him.
Usually if they want to do the hat thing or have a signing day splash they become a silent commit. I'm not sure it's the case here I believe this kid is struggling with this decision.

I totally agree! What I was replying too, was the idea of waiting until signing day and have this big deal. I don’t think the staff will wait for that, make your intentions known or next man up. They don’t have the luxury of waiting on a kid. They have a job to do. But I agree, if he doesn’t want to be N then good luck to him.
I don't think that's the case, I think he truly doesn't know.

Not trying to dig into the psychology of an 18 year old, but for Frost and staff, I would start asking him "ok, if you aren't sure with us, what is it you aren't sure about?" It can't be distance if he's thinking about adding Tennessee. I think he's just trying to make sure he doesn't miss an opportunity but others may pass him by.

Not trying to dig into the psychology of an 18 year old, but for Frost and staff, I would start asking him "ok, if you aren't sure with us, what is it you aren't sure about?" It can't be distance if he's thinking about adding Tennessee. I think he's just trying to make sure he doesn't miss an opportunity but others may pass him by.

At what point do you think the staff gets the Jimmy legs on the kid and just says, "we need to move forward with someone we can be confident wants to be here with all their heart and who will sign on NSD, so we're going to let someone else have a shot and if you decide you really want to be a Husker . . . let us know and we'll let you know if there's still room."

yeah a taco joint

Like this?

420.gif

McDonald hasn't been mentioned in any recent recruiting updates so I wonder if he is no longer on the radar.

Impossible to know exactly what he thinking. At some point there is a risk of him being the kid who gets to campus and is constantly wondering if the grass is greener and whether he made the right decision, especially when he gets away from home and finds everyone else is big and strong too and he may be headed for a red shirt. He is good enough you probably take that risk even if you see it as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back