• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

What the hell is happening to college football?

Assuming USC and UCLA are added, how does that affect Big 10 scheduling? 4 pods of 4? Two more-balanced 8-team divisions? Big 10 just makes sh*t up and Nebraska plays USC, Penn St, tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa every year?

Rumor is swirling about Stanford (Bay Area market), TCU (DFW market), and some combination of Oregon, Washington, and Kansas.

If the SEC+B1G turns into NFFL Jr., look for the Irish to finally join up with a conference.

Also, if football (and basketball?) breaks away, it would free up Olympic sports to pursue better geography. Imagine wrestling and volleyball still playing "Big 8" teams while Husker football is in the Pigskin Thunderdome. That eases a lot of travel burden for women's rifle and men's bowling.

Assuming USC and UCLA are added, how does that affect Big 10 scheduling? 4 pods of 4? Two more-balanced 8-team divisions? Big 10 just makes sh*t up and Nebraska plays USC, Penn St, tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa every year?
Will be fun to watch

The SEC is currently looking at scrapping divisions when Texas and Oklahoma are added.

The ACC and Pac-12 already announced they are scrapping divisions. The Big 12 does not have divisions.

The Big Ten will follow suit. No divisions.

The SEC is currently looking at scrapping divisions when Texas and Oklahoma are added.

The ACC and Pac-12 already announced they are scrapping divisions. The Big 12 does not have divisions.

The Big Ten will follow suit. No divisions.
So it won’t be crossover games, it will just be games?

I didn't read through the entirety of the thread, but if USC goes B10... That creates a last opportunity for Notre Dame... nearly forcing their hand in this as well. They cant stay like they are and expect the status quo to remain with the shifting this is causing.

Or am I really looking into it too far? Independents don't have a future where this is all going.

I didn't read through the entirety of the thread, but if USC goes B10... That creates a last opportunity for Notre Dame... nearly forcing their hand in this as well. They cant stay like they are and expect the status quo to remain with the shifting this is causing.

Or am I really looking into it too far? Independents don't have a future where this is all going.
They go SEC. And the BiG pick up Utah

I for one would love to see both teams come in. I’d rather see Oregon than UCLA
Oregon? Doesn't move the needle that the LA market does ... USC probably doesn't come if UCLA isn't involved.

Think of the basketball conference this presents!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back