• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

The B1G Super Conference . . . gobbling up respected programs one by one . . . spanning the entire Country from the Pacific to the Atlantic . . . exerting control over the game of college football.

I kinda think it's what Putin would do if he were conference commissioner.

Last edited:
Not a california fan, so this won't impact me. IF the coaches and administration are on board, I guess it doesn't matter what I think.

Maybe the goal is to eventually get to 24 with four, six-team "divisions". If so, how does it end up?
Each school plays the other five in its division plus one team from the other three.
That's eight conference games plus three non-cons for a total of 11 games.

West: UCLA, USC, Oregon, Washington, plus two more
Midwest: Neb, Iowa, Wiscy, Minny, NW plus one more
Mideast: Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Sparty, plus one more
East: tOSU, PennSt, Maryland, Rutgers plus two more

Who would be the other six?
Stanford and Cal out west?
Kansas in the midwest?
ND in the mideast?
North Carolina and Virginia in the east?
Might have to cut a game from the regular season with 4 divisions, and then have a 4 team conference playoff with the 4 division champions playing for the conference championship.

Might have to cut a game from the regular season with 4 divisions, and then have a 4 team conference playoff with the 4 division champions playing for the conference championship.
Exactly.
Eleven game regular season and then the four division champs in a playoff.

The Big 12, ACC, and Pac-12 have to be very concerned now.

It's clearly becoming the SEC and Big Ten -- and everyone else. And while the SEC has most recently had the larger say in championships, the potential for the Big Ten is greater with all of those major markets involved.

If you're a 4 or 5-star recruit, the draw to play in the Big Ten or SEC will far eclipse the other conferences.

Last edited:
I for one would love to see both teams come in. I’d rather see Oregon than UCLA

The Big 12, ACC, and Pac-12 have to be very concerned now.

It's clearly becoming the SEC and Big Ten -- and everyone else. And while the SEC has most recently had the larger say in championships, the potential for the Big Ten is greater with all of those major markets involved.

If you're a 4 or 5-star recruit, the draw to play in the Big Ten or SEC will far eclipse the other conferences.
This you don’t get much bigger that LA, Southern California just like what SEC got with Texa$ and OU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back