• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

Because they sometimes sell out their 70k stadium? That makes them a college sports town?

I know there are some big UW fans and I know the stadium can be crazy loud, but that doesn't go to if it's a college sports town. That has everything to do with the stadium's design.

It's one year, but they're ranked 38th here. Below college powerhouses like Illinois, Navy, Iowa State, Purdue, Minny. Credit though for beating out Maryland by 1 spot.

You picked the year they were really bad and attendance was down. Between 2015 and 2019 they were the 28th most watched team. That puts them ahead of all PAC teams other than USC, Oregon and Stanford, ahead of a number of B1G teams, and right around the numbers of some SEC teams. For comparison, Nebraska was 22nd during that period. The point being, Washington has a reasonably sized fan base.

Has it only been two weeks since the announcement of USC/UCLA joining BIG? Seems like forever.

Hope they decide soon or the 2024 schedule is going to be a mess because it will have been assembled in a hurry. Some games will have to be bought out, etc., and a whole new view of divisons or not and who is in what will have to be decided, hotels booked, TV schedules assembled -

Hurry up you guys.

USC/UCLA will be full members as soon as they join, with full payouts of TV revenue. No junior member status. I guess we know where we stand now. Right with Rutgers and Maryland.

USC/UCLA will be full members as soon as they join, with full payouts of TV revenue. No junior member status. I guess we know where we stand now. Right with Rutgers and Maryland.
Poor Nebraska - victimized by the big bad Big Ten again. If we had brought a $200 million media market with us, we’d have been full members from day one, too. Do you think if Indiana or Purdue (or even Iowa) were joining today they’d be full members? Just be glad we’re in a stable conference and safe from all this realignment craziness…

Truth - As for full members immediately, my guess that was crucial for UCLA in light of their financial condition. In additon, they bring in a whole new viewing audience in the geographic footprint that originates a huge percentage of the GDP of the entire country. The difference is massive.

Easy to see the differences from us coming in.

Truth - As for full members immediately, my guess that was crucial for UCLA in light of their financial condition. In additon, they bring in a whole new viewing audience in the geographic footprint that originates a huge percentage of the GDP of the entire country. The difference is massive.

Easy to see the differences from us coming in.
Exactly. In essence, they pay for themselves. This is the main reason - outside of getting Notre Dame - that we won’t see any new additions in the short term...

Poor Nebraska - victimized by the big bad Big Ten again. If we had brought a $200 million media market with us, we’d have been full members from day one, too. Do you think if Indiana or Purdue (or even Iowa) were joining today they’d be full members? Just be glad we’re in a stable conference and safe from all this realignment craziness…

Part of it may be due to the fact that the Big Ten sold 10% of their original 49% ownership share in the BTN to Fox and distributed the money they received to the member schools. I think the buy-in was based on the previous members' stake in the BTN, so because the conference now owns less, there probably would have been less of a buy-in anyway.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back