• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked NU in Top 10 next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a pessimist, but if Bo is back next year I think 6 and 6 is about as good as we do. I think the team crumbles at the first loss. It's impossible to maintain this us vs the world mentality for ever.

Call me a pessimist, but if Bo is back next year I think 6 and 6 is about as good as we do. I think the team crumbles at the first loss. It's impossible to maintain this us vs the world mentality for ever.

Time will tell.

Agreed. We have earned nothing which warrants a ranking; in addition, Armstrong (53%) completion percentage, 803 yards with 7 tds and 7 picks. 175 yards with a 3.1 yard per carry average. Long run of 15, with 2 td's. Not a hater, however, some NU fans were set and ready to place the proverbial nails in Martinez's hands after Texas A&M...however, Armstrong's inept play has been passed over by the distractions. He will not be the quarterback of the future as he has not even been able to amass the numbers Martinez had as a freshman...and has just as many turnovers as T-Mart did...9.

I am feeling like you are about Armstrong. When TMart went down, we were lucky to have a two-headed monster of sorts to get us as far as they did. I will be hoping for some significant off-season development of Armstrong, being pushed by Stanton. He sure has flaws at the moment. Hate to enter the next season with an untested Freshman, but who knows. At least we have logged a lot of hours with the youngsters on D, so won't be starting from scratch there. Barring significant injuries, it could be a great year. I'll be hoping.

My prediction is similar: 6-6 or 7-5, and we don't sniff the top 25 all year. I don't like the "us vs. the world" mentality either. Pelini is turning the players against the fans, and that's not good.

Last edited:

It's impossible to speculate on next season, as we couldn't even predict how this team would perform each week this year.

The one constant from this season and past seasons is the inconsistency. Unless there's significant progress with respect to special teams, turnovers, mental mistakes, and fundamentals, we'll never be consistent.

The defense will need to continue to improve they showed quite a bit improvement once Big 10 play began.

Offensively .. Armstrong will start the season, but I'm not sure he'll finish it, unless he gets this interceptions fixed. Taylor fumbled more, but certainly was able to take care of the ball more while throwing it. Hopefully Ameer Abdullah returns for his senior season, but we'll be deep at RB with Newby,Cross and Adam Taylor as well as having King Frazier.. Receivers we lose Enunwa, but got valuable experience for Westercamp,Moore. Hopefully our Qb's can find a way to hit Cethan Carter down the middle of the field as he was open quite often.

I'm a little unsure of what we will be like at QB though.. Need to find a guy not only to return punts.. but guys that will actually block on punt returns.

We have a lot positives to look at where the Huskers performed really well this year, but also a few we need big improvement on.

It will be interesting to see where it goes.

It's impossible to speculate on next season, as we couldn't even predict how this team would perform each week this year.

The one constant from this season and past seasons is the inconsistency. Unless there's significant progress with respect to special teams, turnovers, mental mistakes, and fundamentals, we'll never be consistent.

I agree. I just can't get over the turnover stats from the past few years. I know the coaches have been working on it constantly. We do seem to be snake bit in that area. In some ways, once the reputation is out there, other teams go to it like blood in the water and try even harder to force the TOs. If it was easy to fix, it would have been done. Until it is corrected, it will continue to be our Achilles heel and effect game outcomes.

Miami
@Michigan State
@Northwestern (they actually only lose 2 offensive starters and 3 on defense)
@Wisconsin
Minnesota
@Iowa

Those are the games that will determine next season's success.

Fresno and Rutgers are two also to consider -- but both travel to Lincoln, and NU "should" be double-digit favorites in both. EDIT: correction... Fresno is the home team (more difficult due to that -- even with the loss of Carr).

Last edited:
The defense will need to continue to improve they showed quite a bit improvement once Big 10 play began.

Offensively .. Armstrong will start the season, but I'm not sure he'll finish it, unless he gets this interceptions fixed. Taylor fumbled more, but certainly was able to take care of the ball more while throwing it. Hopefully Ameer Abdullah returns for his senior season, but we'll be deep at RB with Newby,Cross and Adam Taylor as well as having King Frazier.. Receivers we lose Enunwa, but got valuable experience for Westercamp,Moore. Hopefully our Qb's can find a way to hit Cethan Carter down the middle of the field as he was open quite often.

I'm a little unsure of what we will be like at QB though.. Need to find a guy not only to return punts.. but guys that will actually block on punt returns.

We have a lot positives to look at where the Huskers performed really well this year, but also a few we need big improvement on.

It will be interesting to see where it goes.

Yeah, the B1G is real offensive juggernaut of a conference.

Miami
@Michigan State
@Northwestern (they actually only lose 2 offensive starters and 3 on defense)
@Wisconsin
Minnesota
@Iowa

Those are the games that will determine next season's success.

Fresno and Rutgers are two also to consider -- but both travel to Lincoln, and NU "should" be double-digit favorites in both.

Overall a pretty easy schedule again. The Fresno game is in Fresno, but they lose their starting QB next year.

If we go .500 in the games you listed and win the rest, we're sitting at 9-3. Just good enough, but not great….again.

Yeah, the B1G is real offensive juggernaut of a conference.

Why are you still here if you hate pretty much everything associated with Husker football?

You can't stand the coach.
The players aren't good enough.
The administration is obviously stupid.
The conference is terrible.
The fans are ignorant hillbillies.

We get it, now move along and find another team to drag through the mud.

Overall a pretty easy schedule again. The Fresno game is in Fresno, but they lose their starting QB next year.

If we go .500 in the games you listed and win the rest, we're sitting at 9-3. Just good enough, but not great….again.

Thanks for the correction ... yes, that's right about the Fresno game... my bad. Actually, that does make it quite a bit more difficult -- even with the loss of Carr. That's a brutally difficult venue for a road opponent. And I'll bet it's a night game.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back