• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked NU in Top 10 next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
NU in the Top10?

Coming into the season, NU's average finish under Pelini was #22. That will drop after this year. So Top 10?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Look at Alabama this year. Greatest team ever and they can't even win their division in the conference. Yet still might play for the MNC

It's much more likely NU starts the season out of the top 25 than in the Top Ten. They haven't earned it...with an impressive bowl win they'll likely get in the top 25 preseason ratings.

That said next season looks similar to what this year looked last summer. Barring another rash of injuries, getting good QB play and improvement on ST's and fewer TO's--all very possible--and 10-2 is quite possible, but it could be 9-3 or 8-4. Then there's the possible CCG and the bowl game. It will be interesting to see how successful the coaching staff is in getting the team ready. Most of Husker Nation want the best for the team but it seems some not only anticipate but almost hope for more problems and more frustration? GBR!

I have no idea how we'll fare next year until I see them on the field. The schedule doesn't really mean anything as we saw this year. We have a long way to go.

I'm not going to actually go through and read all 5 pages, but I have to say...top 10? Either to start or finish e season is really getting drunk on the Kool-aid. Props to your optimism....but the realism in me, that's wishful thinking at best. I'd take it and be thrilled, of course, but the odds you'd get in Vegas on that would make you an incredibly rich man.

I think Bama is out of the running for the BCS title game. If an SEC team gets in, it'll be Auburn or Missouri.

Nebraska will be the favorite to win the West division in the Big Ten in 2014! The schedule is in Nebraska's favor plus we return most of our starters on offense & defense! GBR!!!

"Don't sell yourself short, Judge (Nebraska). You're a tremendous slouch."
Wow. just dropped back by this thread and was a little surprised at this statement Doc. You usually are not one for personal attacks. Oh well, to each their own...

Last edited:
Wow. just dropped back by this thread and was a little surprised at this statement Doc. You usually are not one for personal attacks. Oh well, to each their own...

Please tell me you've seen Caddyshack!

[video=youtube;EeJVTimlyWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeJVTimlyWk[/video]

Please tell me you've seen Caddyshack!

[video=youtube;EeJVTimlyWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeJVTimlyWk[/video]
I have seen this movie, very funny one for sure. If Doc was being funny and his comments were pointing to this exchange then I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back