• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked News & Notes on Final Weekend of 2015 Recruiting Cycle: Talant still undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan now making a run at arguably the top unsigned player in Iowa's class... RB Karan Higdon. Harbaugh just offered him. Iowa's gonna be sweating that one out (we know the feeling). :)

Makes you wonder if the previous mich staff did any recruiting after they knew they would be fired. Unless they pull a ton of rabbits out of the hat, this will be a big lost recruiting year for them. I thought hairbutt would have done better. I am not sorry to see them and whisky struggle

Makes you wonder if the previous mich staff did any recruiting after they knew they would be fired. Unless they pull a ton of rabbits out of the hat, this will be a big lost recruiting year for them. I thought hairbutt would have done better. I am not sorry to see them and whisky struggle

ranked 69th nationally, and 14th in the B1G, makes me wonder if there even is any rabbits left to pull. They only have 4 visiting according to 247, this weekend. Talk about a dumpster fire, better start looking for a new coach.

Me either, no need...they will be back. We've got a head start on them though. :)

They took way to long in their coaching search when it was obvious to everyone who they were going to hire....

ranked 69th nationally, and 14th in the B1G, makes me wonder if there even is any rabbits left to pull. They only have 4 visiting according to 247, this weekend. Talk about a dumpster fire, better start looking for a new coach.

Last edited:

In fairness, Harbaugh was way behind the 8 ball this year. No college recruiting staff in place as a pro coach (like Riley had), and he was hired very late. I am not going to judge based on this year.

We sit at 16 commits as of this AM....sounds like based on what Josh Harvey said yesterday and some discussions we have had on here that we coudl take as many as 22.....which means there is some attrition that we are unaware of that will be explained I have no doubt on NSD....
I'm worried that maybe Leroy might not be let back on the team. No info making me think this, just wondering how the number can get this high

FWIW Florida only has 10 recruits....nine 3-stars and one 2-star....and their coach was hired the same day as Coach Riley....

Oh most definitely. Considering a lot of people said we didn't make the flashy hire like Michigan and Florida did, I'd say we're blowing them away with all the talent they've kept and brought in. Here's to another big weekend. Show theses recruits what it means to be a husker. Totally agree with your top 3 wants. Paulo, Hall, and Alston would be an AMAZING finish to this class.

I am truly surprised at just how atrocious the Florida class is.

I think this illustrates the interesting contrast between UM, UF and NU in regard to how the coaching changes went down. Muschamp announced before the season ended that he was stepping down and with no replacement immediately announced, UF's recruiting effort essentially stalled out on the spot. UF surely lost a few Mushchamp commits and for weeks there was no new staff to re-recruit them. There was ample time to look around...ample time for poaching UF prospects by other schools. At UM, Hoke was dead man walking for most of the season..... hard to recruit to that. Meanwhile, in contrast, NU's previous staff was recruiting...getting commits, building a class. The firing was somewhat of a surprise but the hiring was relatively quick, and importantly, Riley has done an incredible job to keep the recruits from the previous staff.

Agree....but they did it to themselves with a long and protracted hiring process....

In fairness, Harbaugh was way behind the 8 ball this year. No college recruiting staff in place as a pro coach (like Riley had), and he was hired very late. I am not going to judge based on this year.

Last edited:

Very good analysis....

I think this illustrates the interesting contrast between UM, UF and NU in regard to how the coaching changes went down. Muschamp announced before the season ended that he was stepping down and with no replacement immediately announced, UF's recruiting effort essentially stalled out on the spot. UF surely lost a few Mushchamp commits and for weeks there was no new staff to re-recruit them. There was ample time to look around...ample time for poaching UF prospects by other schools. At UM, Hoke was dead man walking for most of the season..... hard to recruit to that. Meanwhile, in contrast, NU's previous staff was recruiting...getting commits, building a class. The firing was somewhat of a surprise but the hiring was relatively quick, and importantly, Riley has done an incredible job to keep the recruits from the previous staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back